BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just throwing this out there. Picked up my k12s 2 years ago. Though esa would be the bees knees. Never could notice a difference in ride or handling between settings. Went back to the BMW dealer I bought it from. They took it for a ride and said it's working fine. Question is, just how noticable should it be between settings, and should it be obvious to anyone?

·
Registered
366 Posts
I have a K1300GT and I can feel the difference in all three settings. Even when I set it for single rider with luggage, I can feel the bike raise up.

·
Registered
38 Posts
MY 06 K12R. It can be subtle but the difference can be noted if you change from one to the other, eg whilst riding a tight road quickly. If you're in COMF because you forgot to switch to SPORT you'll notice the bike wallow a lot. If you switch to SPORT it'll feel more planted....and vice versa. A highway ride in SPORT will feel stiffer and the difference should be noticeable especially when going over undulations.
I use NORM mostly, esp commuting, but out of town it's depends on the road.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank people. I'm gonna look into it once the snow melts. Now let's all hope for quick melt.

·
Registered
2009 K1300S, 2017 S1000R
318 Posts
Make sure your on one helmet only. It can be subtle. If you stand on your feet bike running go between the settings and see if you get a lift of the seat when you switch to two helmets and bags. Should rise 20mm or so.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I always felt a difference, even when it was brand new. It needed time to break in and 'soften up'. The original feel was harsh, harsher and really really stiff. After a couple thousand miles it got to where Comfort was soft on a non-bumpy road, Normal was not bad, and Sport was just stiff. But I could always feel a difference.

That is solo with it set on 1 helmet. I weight about 210 without gear.

With a passenger (and set to two helmets) the difference is even more striking, and all the settings tend to feel too soft/underdamped.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts