BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
896 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone tried the Evolution peg lowerers yet?? I could use a bit more leg room and these seem to be the ticket, opinions from anyone who's used them??

·
Registered
14 Posts
Peg Lowering Kit

I have a set of the M/V Verholen Peg Lowering Kit for the K 1200S. I just posted it on the classifieds today. They are in new condition. The cost new is $185.00. I'm selling these for $80.00 + $5.00 shipping within the continental US. E-mail me if you are interested.

Thanks,
mjc
[email protected]

·
Registered
431 Posts
Peg Lowering

I just installed the EVO Peg lowering kit. It's super easy...took maybe 10 minutes. It lowers the pegs 25mm. I previously purchased the Verholen kit for $185 from the Pirate but found the instructions, all in German by the way, quite confusing....it also requires some "adjustment" of the brake and shift levers which I was not confortable doing. SO...for me, the EVO kit is the way to go.
Pete
'05 S Granite Gray, ESA, ABS, Heated Grips, Remus Full Ti, PIAA H-7's, Clear lenses F/R, EVO Full Race Filters, AutoCom, V-1, GPS, FRS, XM, Corbin solo seat w/Smuggler, lots of carbin fiber.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Put the Evo kit on this weekend and it makes a WORLD of difference. Much more comfortable. I did feel it neccessary to lower the shift a bit. Did have to pull on the brake line a bit more than I was willing to do at first to get the bolts to line up with the holes. After a few minutes, I just slowly applied more pressure and the holes lined up/ But the brake line is real tight now. Hope it wont be a prob. :confused:

·
Registered
3 Posts
I installed the Evoluzione peg lowering kit. I have the stock pipe with heat shield and had
to cut a 2 in. by 1 in. hole in it so the brake pedal arm would clear. It looks fine - barely noticeable. On the other side, I had to lower the gear shift to make upshifting easier. Be advised - this takes a special female TORX wrench to get the linkage off of the transmission spline.

·
Registered
896 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Put mine on last week. One does not need to remove the shift linkage.. just loosen the nuts on the treaded shaft and adjust the lever down a bit and re-tighten the nuts.

LowFlyer said:
I installed the Evoluzione peg lowering kit. I have the stock pipe with heat shield and had
to cut a 2 in. by 1 in. hole in it so the brake pedal arm would clear. It looks fine - barely noticeable. On the other side, I had to lower the gear shift to make upshifting easier. Be advised - this takes a special female TORX wrench to get the linkage off of the transmission spline.

·
Registered
34 Posts
LowFlyer said:

I dont know what the rules are on posting links to other websites but this is a link to a product that I got that has saved me MANY times....

They sell tons of car care products but the link below goes to a security bit 'kit'. It has up to a T45 torx bit as well as the torx bits with the hole in the middle. And alot of other crazy bits that you may never encounter... This is a MUST.

http://www.griotsgarage.com/catalog.jsp?L1=L1_2000&L2=L2_2050&SKU=49140

1 - 8 of 8 Posts