BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Based on some reviews seen here and how much I liked Evoluzione's replacement air filter and license plate bracket I ordered a clutch slave cylinder from them. Beautiful finish, clear instructions and a greatly improved feel (lighter, smoother etc) but I'm reluctantly returning it. Evoluzione claims its a bleed issue - it grabs in first (and sometimes second) with the clutch lever fully pulled back to the grip. Sometimes it won't let me roll backwards, even with clutch lever pulled hard. No amount of work (by myself, my local BMW dealer and a great local BMW/Ducati shop with a reverse bleeder) have been able to get it to work. Seems to be no free play despite all adjustments in the lever to get some. The instant I let up on the lever it bites - hard. In first with lever pulled it sometimes starts to creep forward too, and bucks a bit in second too.
Anyone else have this problem?

·
Registered
66 Posts
I am definitely NOT having that problem; no difficulties with the Evo slave at all. It works perfectly, and fully disengages about 1/2 way back. Something else is wrong, or your particular slave has something wrong with IT.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Had a problem initally on my KR...

but once I re-bled the system it works beautifully- I just didn't bleed well enough the first time...I highly recommend it and so recommend another try with a different unit. Good luck!

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Evoluzione slave troubles

I'm asking them to send a replacement and will try again - I agree and really liked the feel and it's worth it to give it another shot - thanks for the encouragement.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Don't want to hijack your post, but you guys seem like the right people to ask. Is this conversion something that is possible at home, or do you need the dealer to do it. I am slightly mechanically inclined, but hesitant to pony up for this job.

Could someone point me in the direction or post basic installation guidelines?

thanks,

·
Registered
307 Posts
Raffy,

Thanks. That doesn't look bad. I was scared of the bleeding procedure, but it looks like it should be fine.

·
Registered
94 Posts
logoguy said:
Based on some reviews seen here and how much I liked Evoluzione's replacement air filter and license plate bracket I ordered a clutch slave cylinder from them. Beautiful finish, clear instructions and a greatly improved feel (lighter, smoother etc) but I'm reluctantly returning it. Evoluzione claims its a bleed issue - it grabs in first (and sometimes second) with the clutch lever fully pulled back to the grip. Sometimes it won't let me roll backwards, even with clutch lever pulled hard. No amount of work (by myself, my local BMW dealer and a great local BMW/Ducati shop with a reverse bleeder) have been able to get it to work. Seems to be no free play despite all adjustments in the lever to get some. The instant I let up on the lever it bites - hard. In first with lever pulled it sometimes starts to creep forward too, and bucks a bit in second too.

I had similar symptoms with my clutch.
The dealer replaced the slave cylinder with another stocker & it appears to be better but it (the clutch) does not seem 100% normal.
You MAY have other issues with your clutch.

·
Registered
433 Posts
logoguy said:
Similar problem. Slave and master cylinders replaced. Clutch works fine.

Ken

·
Registered
94 Posts
evoluzione said:
sokolofs & kencorsun,

did you have our slave (evoluzione) or stock slaves?
Ken, I have not as yet upgraded to your slave, likely I will.
Logoguy, what I'm trying to say is that your clutch faults MAY be unrelated to the evo slave.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts