BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I came home and promptly went into the garage and within 18 minutes had the Evoluzione foot peg relocators installed on the bike. The first 10 minutes was reading the instructions and getting the tools ready.

They move the pegs back and lower them a bit. Since the bike was in a Baxley wheel chock, I sat on the bike and immediately noticed the difference. This is going to be one of the more important modifications I have done to the bike. A 500 mile day is going to be much easier for my knees, back and shoulders.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Forgot to add that I also adjusted the shifter's height. Lowered it by adjusting the connecting rod.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I too..

added the lowering kit (great minds think alike!) much more comfortable position for me...next I think is Evo's new shifter...crap, I think I'm addicted.

·
Registered
30 Posts
After getting my Evoluzione relocators from the Pirate, I spent the next few minutes of a lazy evening putting them on. (I love no-brainer mods that even a monkey like me can do!)
They made a world of difference and with my height at 6'1", this simple fix has made a great bike even better!
Now I just ask myself, "What the hell was I waiting for?"

·
Registered
44 Posts
Just ordered mine tonight from Pirate. Oh, BTW...I'm the new guy! Picked my K12R up on Saturday. Came out of a 1200GS

Bike is awesome and looking forward to lowering the pegs!

·
Registered
40 Posts
raffyk said:
I came home and promptly went into the garage and within 18 minutes had the Evoluzione foot peg relocators installed on the bike. The first 10 minutes was reading the instructions and getting the tools ready.

They move the pegs back and lower them a bit. Since the bike was in a Baxley wheel chock, I sat on the bike and immediately noticed the difference. This is going to be one of the more important modifications I have done to the bike. A 500 mile day is going to be much easier for my knees, back and shoulders.
I'm a tall guy (6'1", 190 lbs). Don't I want to move the pegs lower and *forward*, not lower and back?

·
Registered
364 Posts
motorradguy said:
Just ordered mine tonight from Pirate. Oh, BTW...I'm the new guy! Picked my K12R up on Saturday. Came out of a 1200GS

Bike is awesome and looking forward to lowering the pegs!
I plan on keeping my 99GS, but will be buying a K12R soon. I would very much appreciate your impressions of the K12R against the GS, why you changed, riding style, comfort level etc etc etc....T I A !

·
Registered
207 Posts
Question. With the pegs being lowered an inch, what is the possibility of dragging them in a corner? That would really be my only concern about lowering them that far.

·
"Alpha Squirrel" and nutcracker.
2,029 Posts
143LRSD said:
Question. With the pegs being lowered an inch, what is the possibility of dragging them in a corner? That would really be my only concern about lowering them that far.
Very little....even with aggressive riding. I like 'em. 2t2f

·
Registered
207 Posts
Thanks. They seem reasonably priced and if it gives a little more leg room, I'll take it.
At 6'-4", it starts to get a little cramped after 50/60 miles.

·
Registered
217 Posts
leoist said:
I'm a tall guy (6'1", 190 lbs). Don't I want to move the pegs lower and *forward*, not lower and back?
I think that's a matter of personal preference. Forward like a cruiser may extend your knees some but will flex your hips more. I'm happy flipping the passenger pegs down and putting my feet back on those at times on the highway. I just need to move around on it occasionally, as no position remans comfortable for long. (I'm 5'8", btw)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts