BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HELP!
I just got my Remus Exhaust system and the Evo Race filters in the mail last night, but I need to get the Crush Washers at the Header to do the install. Anybody know where I can order some quickly? A&S says they are on order at 5 to 10 days out!!! Yikes!! I can't wait that long! I'm gonna hyperventilate or something!! :v: :drool

·
Registered
34 Posts
I was told it is ok to reuse the ones on your bike. Thats what I did when I installed my Akropovic full system. All is well.

I just made sure they were all there, they didnt drop out when I pulled the stock exhaust off, and they were in good shape.

Someone else may have another opnion.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's what I was hoping for...
Was it a pain in the a$$ to take out the old system and install the new one? How long was it from the stock system to the Akrapovic system time-wise with relation to the reuse of the (E) washers?
Thanks!!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Jet-A said:
That's what I was hoping for...
Was it a pain in the a$$ to take out the old system and install the new one? How long was it from the stock system to the Akrapovic system time-wise with relation to the reuse of the (E) washers?
Thanks!!

Lining everything up was a little bit of a pain. But wasnt bad at all. The worst part for me was putting all the panels back on and keeping everything lined up.

It took about 3 hours from start to finish to put the exhaust on. I had just over 5000 miles on the bike.

Dont know if that answers your questions. I didnt fully understand your last question.

·
Registered
126 Posts
you have to tape them on the pipes with masking tape
the masking tape will burn off and fall the next time you put it apart

stroker

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ToddG said:
Lining everything up was a little bit of a pain. But wasnt bad at all. The worst part for me was putting all the panels back on and keeping everything lined up.

It took about 3 hours from start to finish to put the exhaust on. I had just over 5000 miles on the bike.

Dont know if that answers your questions. I didnt fully understand your last question.
You answered it perfectly... I cannot chew gum and type at the same... (hold on a second... <chew>) ...time. I was on a conference call when I edited the question into gibberish. But THANKS!!

·
Registered
495 Posts
stroker said:
you have to tape them on the pipes with masking tape
the masking tape will burn off and fall the next time you put it apart

stroker
Or, use a little RTV silicone to hold them on while you install.

·
Registered
431 Posts
exhaust gaskets

When I installed my Remus Full Ti system (thanks Mal) I bought new gaskets from the dealer at $10 EACH. Yikes! Next time, I'll reuse the old ones.
Pete
'05 S

1 - 9 of 9 Posts