BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since my buy date for 12s is in November, I'm trying to pass the time by researching all that I can about the bike. Another question I have is on Extended Warranties.I dont care about the price if it is worth it. Any input would be great! Thank you in advance! Jeff

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hi 650,

I paid about $1,000 for 4 more years. Be aware that your coverage may be less extensive if you decide to purchase the extended warranty at a later date rather than at the time of purchase. The price will probably still be the same. I looked my policy over a while back and there were three significant levels of coverage depending on time of purchase/mileage. If you turn over bikes quickly the factory warranty is perfect but if you keep them I think an extended policy is a great idea. One substantial mechanical problem out of factory warranty would make it worth the price.

David
'03GT

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the reply. I plan on paying it off, then buy another while keeping the first. Of course I'll get a different purpose bike ! Once they are paid off, they dont cost sleeping in the garage. Jeff

1 - 4 of 4 Posts