BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at buying a K1300s but a bit confused wIth all the available extra’s-
Esc11 - to adjust suspension?
Acs Traction control ?
Computer - not sure what functionality?
Tyre pressure - Have they not got a acronym for this ?

thankjs for letting me join - I will ask the obligatory oil and tyrequestiions once I’ve purchased one 😳

Frankj The Aliien

·
Registered
23 Posts
Are you trying to decipher build sheets?

Post it here and people probably jump in to help .

ESA II is electronic adjustable suspension
On Board computer indicated that you have more detailed information on the dash available ( exterior temp, trip computer, tire pressure etc) ASC is Slip/stability control
Tirepressure = TPMS sensors in the tires, sending data to the dash

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
153 Posts
TPMS (Tire Pressuer Monitoring System) is also called RDC (Reifen Druck Control ) on BMWs.

Also the onboard computer isn't standard, at least on the K1200's but is very common as most people purchase the upgraded bike.
If you have the Tire pressure sensor, then you will always have the onboard computer (a BC button on the handlebar) to cycle through the display (temp, trip, tps etc. ) as Vegeta2410 said.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Took the plunge and have bought a K1300s on a 2014 plate with 11,000 miles on the clock. Seems tio have all the extra's. Can't wait to get it.

I will need to sort Panniers out and a top box - that can all be removed easily and quickly when not required.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Took the plunge and have bought a K1300s on a 2014 plate with 11,000 miles on the clock. Seems tio have all the extra's. Can't wait to get it.

I will need to sort Panniers out and a top box - that can all be removed easily and quickly when not required.
Congrats !
there is a nice set of sport side cases for our bikes for sale on the forum right now, not sure if you have the mounting hardware in the bike already.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
I recently learned that batteries in the tire pressure sensors are not replaceable, so when it runs out, you have to purchase an entirely new pressure sensor. BMW's replacement, of course, sells at non-trival cost, though I don't know whether the various aftermarket sensors will work with the onboard BMW computer.

·
Premium Member
two K1300S bikes, S1000R & Vespa 150 Primavera clown paint job
1,018 Posts
TPM's available in the UK (and shipped to USA) much cheaper:
You could try these but will need a turn on device that is about 20$ hand held thing that turns on the sensor in the wheel so the computer can link to it. A computer with software to monitor BMW computer or a GS911 is needed.

Enjoy your new bike, not to worry about the details right away. A good local shop that is known to work on BMW bikes with knowledge will be your friend.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts