BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dealer tells me that my 04 K1200GT won't pass the computerized brake bleed test. No error codes were generated. They replaced the battery, tested many times. I dont know how sercious this is. If anybody really knows, I would appreciate your feedback. The ABS Hydro unit is very expensive....

·
"DELIVERS"
870 Posts
tfkelly said:
My dealer tells me that my 04 K1200GT won't pass the computerized brake bleed test. No error codes were generated. They replaced the battery, tested many times. I dont know how sercious this is. If anybody really knows, I would appreciate your feedback. The ABS Hydro unit is very expensive....
Yes it is....$1900.....strange that there are no error codes....do you have an extended warranty?.....do your brakes work?.....any warning lights flashing?

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No extended warranty. =( My brakes seem to work fine. No warning indicators at all either. If you did all the service yourself you would never know there was a problem (unless you have the computer diagnostic equipment). I hope someone with some direct knowledge can respond. That is allot of mula!

·
Looking for better limits...
5,163 Posts

·
"DELIVERS"
870 Posts
Can you take it to another dealer and just have them do the diagnostic?
No error codes and no warning lights?
Something smells....

·
Looking for better limits...
5,163 Posts
Heh...

Funny, actually, meeting you tonight, Tom.
You know, though, after the conversation, I'd still try one other dealer. It's like a doctor telling you the bad news. Worth getting a second (computers) opinion.

One other question...has the full brake system been bled before? They recommend it annually, or used to. Now it's yearly for the brakes themselves, and bi-annually for a complete system bleed.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My invoice says: Installed new battery and bled wheel circuit. I was also charged for 12 oz of brake fluid. They ran the test multiple times.

Yeah, even though I really trust these guys, I think I will take it to another dealer to see what they have to say.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts