BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2013 K1300S Anniversary Edition
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I feel silly, I'm doing the 6k maintenance and have stripped the fairing off. As I'm starting to put them back on, I find there are multiple lengths of screws. And NO, I didn't pay attention as I was dropping them in the tray as I took them out. Does anyone have an idea of where the longer ones go? There are fewer of them than the ones that are about 1/2"...

·
Registered
31 Posts
Well I feel silly, I'm doing the 6k maintenance and have stripped the fairing off. As I'm starting to put them back on, I find there are multiple lengths of screws. And NO, I didn't pay attention as I was dropping them in the tray as I took them out. Does anyone have an idea of where the longer ones go? There are fewer of them than the ones that are about 1/2"...
This YouTube video is all you need:
How to remove bodywork from a K1300
Matt’s MotoWoRX

·
Registered
136 Posts
Longer screws go where the the black bottom fairing meets the painted fairing, 3 on each side. The shorter screws go in the 2 positions just above the BMW emblem, 2 places holding painted fairing next to the spindles the seat slides into at the front of the seat. The rest are the same size, a medium length.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts