BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know of an alternative motor (brand or part # ) for the Bosch fan motor? Mine is dead & $250 at BMW is beyond my means at the moment.Any help would be appreciated, mine has worn brushes even where to buy those would be helpful.
Mine is a '85 K100RS.Thanks.

·
Registered
305 Posts
from IBMWR,

Bosch part # 0 130 007 027, available from a good auto electric store under that number. 55-80$ list( I was low), and I got one for 55$. Used in earler 911's as the A/C condenser fan motor, seen discounted on the net to the mid-50's. The Porsche part dies in exactly the same way. According to the ETK, the same fan ass'y is used in all the k's up to the K12, so the same motor ought to work in all of them. I haven't found out yet if they're rebuildable under the Bosch part#, but I will. Also if just the brushes and bushings can be had. I'd be unshocked if VW and/or Audi use a motor from the same series (BPA) for some similar application.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Have been seeing fan/radiator combos go on ebay for $50ish...no real clue of the condition. Am always a bit leary when buying from ebay tho...

this doesn't really answer your question but here's what I did on mine...any fan with similar profile/dimensions should fit
the fan in mine was toast..i had just parted out my maxim x and the fan was still good on it..i fabbed the mount to accept the fan and was up and running for $0.00

·
Registered
157 Posts
I just bought the one from beemerboneyard. Pretty easy install. Just swap and solder a the connector wires.

Toasted:

New:

·
Registered
53 Posts
sailgunner said:
Anyone know of an alternative motor (brand or part # ) for the Bosch fan motor? Mine is dead & $250 at BMW is beyond my means at the moment.Any help would be appreciated, mine has worn brushes even where to buy those would be helpful.
Mine is a '85 K100RS.Thanks.
On the K100RT forum, I posted link to a document in the download section that talks about all sorts of techniques for managing heat on the K-bike. Included in that document are several recipes for substituting the original Bosch fan with modern, direct-drive, high CFM fans that will cost less, work better and last longer. Get that document and read it. Hope it helps.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts