BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After 6 years of (mostly) happy ownership of my 2007 K1200GT SE, the time has come to change and she's going tomorrow.

In the time that I have had it, I have put 90,000 miles on it riding practically every single day and in all weathers (it is my sole form of transport).

My UK warranty also runs out tomorrow and I really don't want to be on my own with this bike and no cover - I spend a lot of time far from home and the bike has already had £1000's worth of work which has included new rear ESA rear shock, new clutch, engine re-build after the cam chain snapped, countless services and tyres and all the usual stuff. I can't renew the warranty like I normally do as I have now exceeded the 80,000 mile limit.

Last week, I got the bike looked at again after the "brake failure" light had been on the dashboard for a while and the ABS pump had failed - this along with some new suspension linkages should have cost me around £1500 to fix - I just paid the £100 warranty excess and walked away happy.

I'm going back to a GS which I owned immedately before the K, only this time I'm getting the Adventure due to the big mileages I'm running up every week and the larger tank. I plan to go the same path with this one on the warranty front.

I'll miss the K - it's been a cracking bike which has let me down a few times but probably only to be expected and I can't imagine a Japanese or Italian bike still looking this good after 90,000 miles.

I've also enjoyed being part of this community so I won't be leaving altogether - I'll still be dropping in from time to time.

In the meantime, it just leaves me to say a big thanks to everyone and to sincerely wish you all "happy trails" from here in Ireland.

Best wishes, keep her lit and between the hedges!

Darren

·
Registered
357 Posts
Enjoy the GS ! I had the 1150 model before the K. One day I may just go back and find one..even though it will feel like a slug after coming off the GT.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts