BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a look on the boxer design web site www.boxer-design.de Theyve added some new stuff for the k12r, including an oil cooler cover, new belly pan, and clutch cover.

NM

Attachments

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Thanks for posting that Northern Monkey.

I had a look at the Radiator protector "Street Racer", and I thought that it would be a good option for my bike, but then I looked at the price: €395, when the Radiator protector Power Racer is "only" €295... :confused: :confused:

I know Ignore Amos has fitted the Schnitzer bellypan, but has anyone fitted the Boxer-Design "Power Racer"..? :)

Talking about pea-soup... Does anyone know if Laminar is going to make a Laminar Lip for the K1200R..? The K1200R is listed on the site, but no link to it or anything. I'm looking for a bigger screen, but the Secdem one is too big for my liking.

... I'm rambling... Thanks for posting NM.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I fancy the oil cooler cover, i would like to see it on a k12r first to check how it looks.

NM

·
Registered
40 Posts
Joker--I think the Street Racer differs from the Power Racer as follows:
The Street Racer includes the cooler covers built-onto the bellypan. The Power Racer uses the cooler covers which come with the bike. The main difference appears to be that the underbelly length of the Street Racer is shorter than the Power Racer. As a result, you can use a center stand with the Street Racer. With the Power Racer, AC Schnitzer and all others.....you can't use a center stand. I'd also like to see a photo of this mounted on a bike. San Jose BMW will have a bellypan for the K12R displayed on their site later today. I believe it will be listed at $600 including painted finish and you may want to check it out.

Re. windscreens, Cee Bailey's is supposed to have a new windscreen for the K12R displayed on their site within the next few days.

Ignore Amos--Do you have a photo of your bike w-belllypan posted? I thought I saw a post but don't remember where. I'm about to purchase one of these from someone and it looks like it may be AC Schnitzer.-Al

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Alan Brothers said:
Joker--I think the Street Racer differs from the Power Racer as follows:
The Street Racer includes the cooler covers built-onto the bellypan. The Power Racer uses the cooler covers which come with the bike. The main difference appears to be that the underbelly length of the Street Racer is shorter than the Power Racer. As a result, you can use a center stand with the Street Racer. With the Power Racer, AC Schnitzer and all others.....you can't use a center stand. I'd also like to see a photo of this mounted on a bike. San Jose BMW will have a bellypan for the K12R displayed on their site later today. I believe it will be listed at $600 including painted finish and you may want to check it out.

Re. windscreens, Cee Bailey's is supposed to have a new windscreen for the K12R displayed on their site within the next few days.

Ignore Amos--Do you have a photo of your bike w-belllypan posted? I thought I saw a post but don't remember where. I'm about to purchase one of these from someone and it looks like it may be AC Schnitzer.-Al
Cheers for that Alan. I agree with you about the differences. I'd rather have the Power Racer myself. :) I'll check out the Cee Bailey site regularily. Will I find San Jose BMW's website if I search or... ? :confused:

Ignore Amos' bike can be admired in this thread:
http://www.k-bikes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2303

:tim

·
Registered
1,933 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Here's a pic showing a little more detail of the A/C Schnitzer belly pan and headlight cover- I have a local guy powder coating the front/rear pass pegs & mounts black ($85 for every thing) hope to have'em back by Friday

I'll post more when I get those parts back.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I bought a...

I bought a Pitbull based on a number of recommendations from some local racers who all agreed the quality was top notch. Ordered it directly from Pitbull for $179.00 and recieved it within just a few days. The quality seems high, it's easy to use and can be used from either side of the bike which I like as well because it's not sticking out behind the bike to trip over like most others.

from the other side

The Anderson unit looks like a very well built robust design, I just liked the option of using it from either side and the cost seemed reasonable.

·
Registered
1,933 Posts

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
That looks nice! :) Just need to get rid of the pillion rails, pillion footpegs, the hideous licence plate holder and that baboons-ar5e tail light and we've got a nice slimmed down tail... :D :ricky

·
Registered
24 Posts
Either side?

Ignore Amos said:
I bought a Pitbull based on a number of recommendations from some local racers who all agreed the quality was top notch. Ordered it directly from Pitbull for $179.00 and recieved it within just a few days. The quality seems high, it's easy to use and can be used from either side of the bike which I like as well because it's not sticking out behind the bike to trip over like most others.
Hi Amos:

I have the pitbull stand also for my K1200R and there is no way I can use the Pitbull stand from the "other side" since the upright part of the stand will hit the wheel before the round part can engage/enter the wheel center hole.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Awdnut said:
Hi Amos:

I have the pitbull stand also for my K1200R and there is no way I can use the Pitbull stand from the "other side" since the upright part of the stand will hit the wheel before the round part can engage/enter the wheel center hole.
My bad...your absolutly right, I realized this after my post once I tried it and it was a "no go" sorry guys for the bad info! :hanged ok, now maybe I can redeem myself- saw that Pirate has the pitbull on his site for $169 including shipping! (I paid $179 plus shipping from pitbull) can I come back into the clubhouse now?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.