BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was riding across Germany about 3 weeks ago. As you may be aware they are pretty open minded about speed limits on their autobahns. Well, two up and loaded it was quiet so I gave the GT a free rein whenever possible. ie 140mph+. Anyway, when we stopped that evening in Holland I spotted a little weeping around the "hole", wiped it off... no sign in the 1000 miles or so since then. However, I guess the seal might be on it's way out?

The question. It looks easy enough to replace, but does it push up against a shoulder/seat or does it just "float". ... so do I need to measure the depth it sits at before I pull it out. I imagine it's not too tricky to replace without the special tool in the DVD... or do I need to make one of these too!
Any advice welcome... Thanks

·
Registered
35 Posts
Mine was leaking two months ago. The bearing might need to be replaced. Mine was leaking in such a way that the oil force all the grease out of the bearing.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Paul,
In my case it was explained this way, the bearing behind the seal gets loose enough that the seal can no longer perform it's duty.
In your case who knows, but my bearings were replaced.

Regards,
Scott

1 - 3 of 3 Posts