BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Finally replaced my 09 K1300S, thanks Beech for the tail tidy, put on a few carbon goodies and some HP rearsets.

I have a lot of things from the old K1300S that the dealer was kind enough to take off my totaled bike while I was in the hospital, Oberon clutch, Corbin seat, K1300R yoke, billet torque arm. I may even treat myself to a set of BST wheels, those along with Beech's camber plates and it should handle very well indeed.

These are the best bikes I have ever ridden and I've had a lot of bikes since 1976.

This bike was a steal @ $7000 and only 958 miles on the clock, the insurance company gave me $14000 for my old one with 40,000 miles on it when it was totaled, I'd have to say I did alright. The bike came with GPS, sport bags and Akro slipon, tail rack, smoked windscreen.

Attachments

·
Registered
2009 K1300S, 2017 S1000R
290 Posts
One good deal. Beautiful bike. Sheesh, the clutch is worth 2 grand.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Nice!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I couldn't believe it when I went to see it. I had been looking for 3 years for the right bike/color/accessories and this one had it all. The guy selling it had forgotten he had even put it on Craigslist. Amazing that after all that time the bike was 50 miles away from me.

Tech question: Is there an actuator/damper on the throttle bodies you can disconnect to allow them to open up immediately instead of progressively?

I have a Power Commander V with Autotune to install and thought I might try that while I was in the area.....thoughts?

·
Registered
160 Posts
HOLY GUACAMOLE, Batman, this guy got $14,000 for a 2009 bike with 40,000 miles!

Did I read that correctly?

What incantation did you recite, and who do I insure with, so my wife makes plenty moolah when I cash in my chips?

I'd say you did better than "alright" by a country mile.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Finally replaced my 09 K1300S, thanks Beech for the tail tidy, put on a few carbon goodies and some HP rearsets.

I have a lot of things from the old K1300S that the dealer was kind enough to take off my totaled bike while I was in the hospital, Oberon clutch, Corbin seat, K1300R yoke, billet torque arm. I may even treat myself to a set of BST wheels, those along with Beech's camber plates and it should handle very well indeed.

These are the best bikes I have ever ridden and I've had a lot of bikes since 1976.

This bike was a steal @ $7000 and only 958 miles on the clock, the insurance company gave me $14000 for my old one with 40,000 miles on it when it was totaled, I'd have to say I did alright. The bike came with GPS, sport bags and Akro slipon, tail rack, smoked windscreen.
What a deal on a nice bike! Congratulations!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Anyone dumb enough to sell you that bike for $7K doesn't deserve such a fine motorcycle. WOW! I had to check your profile and make sure you're nowhere near Seattle. I just paid $9200 for a 2013 "30 Years" bike with 6400 miles on it and none of the carbon goodies yours came with. Mine needed new tires, a full service, and some minor fairing wet sanding / clear coat on one side to remove some scratches. Combined with your insurance check, I'd say you made out very well (minus the instigating incident and hospital time of course). Hope you're on the mend and healing up well enough to get out and enjoy that new bike soon.

·
Registered
2010 BMW K1300S
2 Posts
I got confused cause your pictures are a mix from two different bikes. Sounds like a great deal on the new one - the HP stuff on the old one? cost some bucks - do carry it forward

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
HOLY GUACAMOLE, Batman, this guy got $14,000 for a 2009 bike with 40,000 miles!

Did I read that correctly?

What incantation did you recite, and who do I insure with, so my wife makes plenty moolah when I cash in my chips?

I'd say you did better than "alright" by a country mile.
It was 5 years ago when I totaled my old one, Geico insurance, I think they just go online and look at similar bikes and some folks price these like they are gold. I had only paid 10000 for my old one in 2012 with 2500 miles on it so 3 years, 38000 miles of ownership and I made 4000 on it lol.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I got confused cause your pictures are a mix from two different bikes. Sounds like a great deal on the new one - the HP stuff on the old one? cost some bucks - do carry it forward
the last 2 pics are the bike as I bought it, the rest are from stages of upgrades, carbon/hp rearsets/tail tidy/seat

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Anyone dumb enough to sell you that bike for $7K doesn't deserve such a fine motorcycle. WOW! I had to check your profile and make sure you're nowhere near Seattle. I just paid $9200 for a 2013 "30 Years" bike with 6400 miles on it and none of the carbon goodies yours came with. Mine needed new tires, a full service, and some minor fairing wet sanding / clear coat on one side to remove some scratches. Combined with your insurance check, I'd say you made out very well (minus the instigating incident and hospital time of course). Hope you're on the mend and healing up well enough to get out and enjoy that new bike soon.
all good, the accident was 5 years ago. I have searched off and on for 5 years to find this one, patience is a virtue lol actually I work overseas so it took me quite awhile to find the perfect one

1 - 15 of 15 Posts