BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner
41 - 55 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Lifted rear linkage refers to the triangular shaped bracket that the shock bottom bolts to. You can buy reshaped brackets that can raise or lower the rear of the bike by changing these brackets. Lower the front, raise the rear for track/sport riding. Plenty of articles on doing this on different bikes. Someone on this forum makes them.
Long time ago I got some from beech. Duck Duck go is your friend.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
I just replaced my Low Beam with the
MZS H7 LED Bulb, 12000LM Wireless Instant Plug-in and along with the
TECHMAX H7 LED Bulb, Windless Direct Insertion 10000LM 50W Hi Beams I don't have a Lamp error for the first time ever.!

The MZS was surprisingly small and easy to install. I got the Techmax first because they are 50W and no spec given for the MZS.
My first choice gave LampF errors. My guess is 30w is too low for the ecu
NORDLICHTER MINI Size H7 LED Bulb, 10000LM 30watt

Anyways I'm thrilled and it replaces my Xenon bulbs which gave lamp errors.

And please BMW halogen users don't comment and use whatever you want.

e
I use the MZS bulbs as well and have had great results across 4 bikes now.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I use the MZS bulbs as well and have had great results across 4 bikes now.
Hi..thanks for the info. I was able to install the MZS bulb with fan and get the lights working without error code. Basically there are two types of led bulbs... With fan and without a fan. The fan less versions use a Al fin plate of some sort to dissipate heat - nevertheless they appear to be limited in its wattage... Under 30W. Consequently those bulbs always throw up a lam failure code. It's only fan versions those are rated for 50W or above that seem to work.the specific MZS bulb reccomended for example measures out at 60W and ergo no error.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi!

I have a k1300s 2015 with the lampf error.. Tried several brands without any luck. Those bright LED are truly a game changer. I noticed that the recommendations here are not available for purchase anymore... Do anyone have any good h7 led recommendations that does not trigger the LAMP/LAMPF warning? Thank you!

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
MZS is constantly updating their design. Here's a link to the latest version.

MZS H7 LED Bulbs , 10000LM 60W Lights Conversion Kit W/Mini Fan 6500K Cool White Super Bright Halogen lamp Replacement - Pack of 2 Amazon.com

·
Registered
822 Posts
MZS is constantly updating their design. Here's a link to the latest version.

MZS H7 LED Bulbs , 10000LM 60W Lights Conversion Kit W/Mini Fan 6500K Cool White Super Bright Halogen lamp Replacement - Pack of 2 Amazon.com
It's difficult to understand the Chinglish in the specs. When the description says '60 watts', obviously the LED lamps do not draw 60 watts by themselves so do they mean that there are internal resistors that add up to 60 watts (thus avoiding false bulb failure indications), or does '60 watts' only mean that they are intended to replace 60-watt bulbs but do not actually draw 60 watts, or. ..? I guess what I'm getting at is have these been confirmed to avoid bulb failure indications on K-bikes?

·
Registered
2005 BMW K1200S
245 Posts
It's difficult to understand the Chinglish in the specs. When the description says '60 watts', obviously the LED lamps do not draw 60 watts by themselves so do they mean that there are internal resistors that add up to 60 watts (thus avoiding false bulb failure indications), or does '60 watts' only mean that they are intended to replace 60-watt bulbs but do not actually draw 60 watts, or. ..? I guess what I'm getting at is have these been confirmed to avoid bulb failure indications on K-bikes?
That is for a pair

·
Registered
114 Posts
I’ve been running these for a couple months. All LED. Low beam center is a yellow LED Yellow. I haven’t had any issues with LEO in Fla regarding the low beam yellow. These LED they are certainly more noticeable and intense
in the daytime and super bright at night
Aukee H7 LED Bulbs, 50W 6000K 10000 Lumens Extremely Bright

Body jewelry Human body Jaw Automotive lighting Font

41 - 55 of 55 Posts