BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well my winter rebuild is finally complete. It was a long process, but worth it in the end. I did 164 miles yesterday, and still can't get the smile off my face. :D :D :D :D

Just thought I'd post a few pics. Painted her BMW jet black. Might just be the only black GT in the country. Sorry about the poor picture quality.

·
Premium Member
1,397 Posts
kakalika said:
Well my winter rebuild is finally complete. It was a long process, but worth it in the end. I did 164 miles yesterday, and still can't get the smile off my face. :D :D :D :D

Just thought I'd post a few pics. Painted her BMW jet black. Might just be the only black GT in the country. Sorry about the poor picture quality.
Congratulations! We all know how much work you put into it, and what a beauty it is. The pics look great on my screen.

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Looks purdy...but I'm confused....what was rebuilt? Or was it just a "re-paint"? Either way I love the black...very cool! :thumb:

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Robert_W said:
Looks purdy...but I'm confused....what was rebuilt? Or was it just a "re-paint"? Either way I love the black...very cool! :thumb:
Whole bike was rebuilt. It was a salvage bike that had sustained severe front end damage. The front forks, shock, sheer joint, radiator, front rim were totaled, plus a lot of other stuff as well.

Here is a before picture.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Kakalika I hate you. It's sooo purty and I love black so now I want to paint mine, geeze.

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Wow, that's some serious damage. Kudos to your effort. Was it your bike to begin with? Can't believe it wasn't totaled. Or maybe it was and you picked it up cheap? Dunno.

How certain are you that there wasn't any frame damage? Like a hairline crack some where. I've heard tell that the only way to know for sure after some thing like that is to have it Xrayed. Maybe it's just me but I'm not sure I'd ever be 100% confident in it. But then again, maybe you saved some serious cash doing a rebuild and it's worth it. Hope it works out well for you.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Brahma said:
VERY cool color! What year? Any hairy issues? I've never read here about anyone building one from scratch!

2007. Only issue was locating the front fork, or wheel carrier as BMW likes to call it, that took a while.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Absolutely gorgeous!!!! I love the "M" color swatches on the seat! Outstanding.
Mack

1 - 12 of 12 Posts