BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am leaving Thursday on a 4 day ride by myself. I have done this many many times before but always on a more Full Touring bike then my K 1200S. Going to go up to Toms Place and Mammoth Mountain to do some Trout fishing it is also the Same weekend as Street Vibration’s ( kind of a Harley Ride ) up in Reno, Carson City and Virginia City In Nevada will be going on. The wife and I have done that ride at least 10 times but on my Road Glide
I have done lots of work to my K1200S to do a ride like this……Wunderlich Bar Conversion
Factory Panniers and a BMW Motorad soft rear bag. I don’t feel like riding my K1600GT unless the weather changes before I leave
( Windy and Cold ) then might want more protection. Except for the 200 mile straight road ride to get up that way most of the rest of the ride I plan on back roads. I will be gone 4 days which isn’t to many so I think I will be good. Looking forward to spending quality time on her everything up until know has been just day rides not exceeding 250 miles

Attachments

·
Registered
801 Posts
You're going to need some sort of radar detector is all I'm going to say.

I haven't ridden any distance over 50 miles where a good portion of that wasn't in triple digits. It's become a habit, some would say a "bad" habit, but I say it's bad laws that don't apply to people with good vehicles.

Reactions: Beech

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You're going to need some sort of radar detector is all I'm going to say.

I haven't ridden any distance over 50 miles where a good portion of that wasn't in triple digits. It's become a habit, some would say a "bad" habit, but I say it's bad laws that don't apply to people with good vehicles.
I got three tickets on my record two of them with my motorhome in Wyoming one was BS My wife is the account manager of the insurance broker we use if I get a ticket I’m in big f———-g trouble. She told me you’re gonna have to get rid of bikes if you can’t keep from getting speeding tickets so it’s best I watch my peas and cues but I hear ya and truthfully in California they will hammer you if your caught doing 100+ If they feel it’s exhibition of speed they can take your vehicle

·
Registered
801 Posts
I got three tickets on my record two of them with my motorhome in Wyoming one was BS My wife is the account manager of the insurance broker we use if I get a ticket I’m in big f———-g trouble. She told me you’re gonna have to get rid of bikes if you can’t keep from getting speeding tickets so it’s best I watch my peas and cues but I hear ya and truthfully in California they will hammer you if your caught doing 100+ If they feel it’s exhibition of speed they can take your vehicle
I take back what I said. You should do your trip on a Ninja 250r.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
😂😂😂😂
Well I hit 140 twice sat at 120 for about a mile the rest of the time is 85 to 90 and there was a guy on a road glide doing about 100 for 200 miles. I was already doing 90 when he came up on me I let them pass for a little while then I twisted my right hand to where he couldn’t go any faster but eventually I let off and he passed me again but he gave me a thumbs up when he went bye…. bike runs real good.

Attachments

·
Registered
104 Posts
Well I hit 140 twice sat at 120 for about a mile the rest of the time is 85 to 90 and there was a guy on a road glide doing about 100 for 200 miles. I was already doing 90 when he came up on me I let them pass for a little while then I twisted my right hand to where he couldn’t go any faster but eventually I let off and he passed me again but he gave me a thumbs up when he went bye…. bike runs real good.
Kudoc on the ride. That whole passing the Harley guy thing is fun. A couple of weeks ago I was coming up on a gaggle of Harleys who were speeding but in my opinion no enough so at a significant distance behind them I dropped till I was revving 7 k and tap danced on the speed shift. Its odd how you see body language change in a persona back when they know your coming. They go WOT as a roll on and your by in a flash and gone.

I got a bit of a start on this caper though. Three of them were full patch Hells Angels and they made an effort to catch me for some reason. Maybe my tire pressure seemed low. In any event there was a trill of being fully committed to losing them. Which I did. Should check my tire pressure though.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Kudoc on the ride. That whole passing the Harley guy thing is fun. A couple of weeks ago I was coming up on a gaggle of Harleys who were speeding but in my opinion no enough so at a significant distance behind them I dropped till I was revving 7 k and tap danced on the speed shift. Its odd how you see body language change in a persona back when they know your coming. They go WOT as a roll on and your by in a flash and gone.

I got a bit of a start on this caper though. Three of them were full patch Hells Angels and they made an effort to catch me for some reason. Maybe my tire pressure seemed low. In any event there was a trill of being fully committed to losing them. Which I did. Should check my tire pressure though.
. I do the tire pressure check in regularly tires are expensive lol The heavy bikes really screw The tires up if not at proper Pressure

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Well I’m on the homestretch nothing worth picture taking the next 200 miles to get home I will take a picture of the ODO when I get home. It will be right at 1000 miles. There’s a guy in Virginia City taking pictures of my bike he was not the only one everywhere I went people were checking it out and asking questions

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts