BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. This is my first post. My name is Todd. I'm from Baltimore, Maryland. I'd appreciate any help you can give.

I am one week away from owning my first BMW. It's a 1992 K75S with 23000 miles. It is very clean, well taken care of, and dealer serviced with new tires, heated grips, and what I think is a full fairing. They are asking $5995. I rode it and loved it. The bike feels solid and comfortable. I was all smiles when I put down the side stand after the test ride. Does this price seem like too much? Thanks for any advice you can offer.

Thanks,

Todd

·
Registered
11 Posts
Baltimore said:
Hello. This is my first post. My name is Todd. I'm from Baltimore, Maryland. I'd appreciate any help you can give.

I am one week away from owning my first BMW. It's a 1992 K75S with 23000 miles. It is very clean, well taken care of, and dealer serviced with new tires, heated grips, and what I think is a full fairing. They are asking $5995. I rode it and loved it. The bike feels solid and comfortable. I was all smiles when I put down the side stand after the test ride. Does this price seem like too much? Thanks for any advice you can offer.

Thanks,

Todd
IMHO, that price is pretty close to double what the fair price would be.

Sure, it's been well cared for and has low miles, but OTOH it is a 14 year old bike that has never commanded that kind of resale value. $6K will actually buy you much newer and better bikes, K1's are in that range, K1200RS's, there are a fair amount of boxers, even oilheads in that range.

Tkae a look here- www.ibmwr.org -and compare.

$5995 is way to much for that bike.

·
Looking for better limits...
5,163 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the reality check

Thank you all for the advice. Now I get to go do some serious negotiating. I knew the Blue Book was much less than the asking price, but I wasn't sure if there were some strange market forces at work.

·
Registered
375 Posts
I picked up a mint 1989 K100RS with bags in 2000 for $5000

A K75 has to be worth less in 2006

·
Registered
501 Posts
I bought a '93 K75RT (the one with the full fairing) in '96 with 8,000 miles for less than $6,000. Offer him $3500 or walk away. BTW, if it has ABS brakes that's a plus but the '92 models had problems with the ABS electronics and can be hard to find replacements.

·
We're zoned for what ? cool !
186 Posts
Is this bike from Bob's?

It has been my impression, just from looking at their website, that Bob's is awfully proud of the used bikes that they have. Ridiculously so. I have a '90 K75S, and it's a wonderful bike, but if somebody offered me 6 grand for it, I'd sell it and go buy two more.

·
"Hey Y'all"
2,239 Posts
Baltimore said:
......... It's a 1992 K75S with 23000 miles...... and what I think is a full fairing. .........
Welcome Todd. The K75s is an incredibly sweet bike, but it doesn't have what one would normally call a "full" fairing. Kelly Blue Book list the retail of a 1990 K75s at $3,460. As others have said, Bob does seem to be a bit high on his used bikes. Make sure he does a clutch spline lube for free. The pic looks like new, and I hope you can reach a fair deal. You will be very happy on that bike.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts