BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to thank all those who contribute here. I've been reading the posts daily for the last few months while I've waited for my K1200GT to arrive. I've learned alot that has kept me from re-inventing the wheel concernig wiring for electronics, seat options to replace a saddle for which BMW should be charged with felonious assault, tank bags, and more.
My crsystal grey '06 bike arrived two weeks ago. I've not yet taken a long trip on it, but have put 1850 miles on it in 100 to 350 mile rides. It is way too much fun. I bought it from Big Sky BMW in Missoula, Montana drove the 120 miles there to have the 600 mile first service done. They have been far better to deal with than I could have imagined. There was no charge for the oil change or 600 mile service.
Thanks again. Hope to see you on the road.

Brooke Hunter
Helena, MT

·
Registered
497 Posts
Welcome to the fold.

You must be real good at riding in string winds. Every time I have been through your stretch of I-90 I have felt like I was getting blown all over the place. That said it is also some of the most beautiful scenery anywhere in this country.

Brian

·
Registered
232 Posts
Brooke - Congratulations and welcome to the group. But, where are the pictures...we need pictures!
Cheers, Greg

·
Registered
68 Posts
mbhunter said:
I want to thank all those who contribute here. I've been reading the posts daily for the last few months while I've waited for my K1200GT to arrive. I've learned alot that has kept me from re-inventing the wheel concernig wiring for electronics, seat options to replace a saddle for which BMW should be charged with felonious assault, tank bags, and more.
My crsystal grey '06 bike arrived two weeks ago. I've not yet taken a long trip on it, but have put 1850 miles on it in 100 to 350 mile rides. It is way too much fun. I bought it from Big Sky BMW in Missoula, Montana drove the 120 miles there to have the 600 mile first service done. They have been far better to deal with than I could have imagined. There was no charge for the oil change or 600 mile service.
Thanks again. Hope to see you on the road.

Brooke Hunter
Helena, MT
welcome to the forum
and congratulations on your bike... my GT will be here in a week or 2

as said above.....
PICTURES.. please

·
Registered
145 Posts
MB, I enjoyed stopping at Big Sky during my Out West Tour last year.

They were super about taking care of my oil change and rear tire replacement without an appointment, which I believe they do for most travelers in need.

Great selection of goodies also.......

Enjoy your new GT !!!

Regards

·
Registered
370 Posts
Welcome! I have GOT to get up your way. Years ago, I had a pal, dyed in the wool New Yorker (I was living in Manhattan at the time) that went to Missoula for a 'temporary' teaching job. Never came back. Finally got ahold of him and asked why. His response: "...can't say, but if you come out, you'll stay too". Cheers.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts