BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got the bike is booked in for her first service tomorrow. Just wondering if anyone has an idea on what the stealer should be charging and if there is anything specific I should have them look at. I have told them to replace the "diff" oil and my did I get a strange look from the service guy.

Still cannot believe how good this bike is. The next few weeks up in Queensland are going to be magnificent.

Cheers

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
These issues are well covered in other forums, but the consensus seems that you have the tappets done, for a few services, then do the rest yourself.

My services used to cost between 6 and 8 hundred odd dollars. You are paying for them to undress it.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Westy If its your 1,000k service it should be free i think other than any oils.

I recently got my dealer just to do the diff oil as I had a new diff fitted and they charged me $60.

My 10,000k service was about $200 from memory.

See you in Hervey Bay!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Hi Westy,

I got mine serviced last week, and it cost me AUD200. I haven't seen the actual bill yet, 'cause it wasn't printed out when I picked her up.

They have a kool system here. When you buy something, you go pick it up, and then they will send you a bankslip through the mail, to pay before the end of the month. Naturally, it goes out to 60days...

I didn't really have anything to have fixed when I brought her in, just the bloody backfire noise. Usually happens when I am coming off a long downhill run, and roll the throttle a bit to overtake or something, then she goes BANG.

Got over 2000k's on it now.

Cheers,

Bloke

1 - 4 of 4 Posts