BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to you all.

I have previously asked about problems with the ABS unit on a BMW 1200GT/12.2002.
I changed the unit with a used one, which worked fine for 5-6 months. Lately, without braking the sound of the unit functioning is heard and the brake light switches on by itself. I changed the rear brake switch and the same thing happens. The rear lamp is OK. The problem appears and reappears on its own a number of times in a row. So, I have brakes, the fault triangle does not go on -as if there is no problem- and also the ABS light blinks normally. Do you have any idea what might be going on and/or any suggestions about how to solve it?

Thank you.
Michael.

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
I would take it to the dealer for this one...Not worth the worries and possible accidental brake application at speed...Your life is connected to those brakes

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
Brake light coming on and servos running? There is a switch at the front lever , it could be defective/sticking. Also there is two small springs on the brake lever, they bring the lever back, if they are missing or broken the lever won't go all the way back and may cause the brake light and servos to come on intermitently. :bmw:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts