BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

I have an ABS control unit I have purchased when I had my 2004 K1200 GT, to have as a spare just in case
of a failure of the unit on the bike, knowing the cost of a new one. Riding this bike without the ABS functioning is impossible
so I bought this to have for a rainy day.
Bike is gone so I have this unit for sale.
I will take $350.00 plus shipping if anyone here is interested.
Thanks.

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
An 04 unit should have the 'energy conservation" function.Apply the brakes at a standstill and the pump starts....builds up pressure and then stop.Will restart if pressure drops or brakes released/re-applied.

I think that is only with the rear brake/pedal that function,I don't have my papework with me on the road to confirm. But BMW as per their service bulletin did build that in to conserve energy....if the brakes are applied as a "hill holder" and both servo-motors are constantly running,that's 17Amps/hr taken.With all the other accessories....significant draw on the battery and alternator may not be able to recharge it quickly enough in stop/go traffic in hilly cities.

My 03 doesn't have that function.So ever since I have owned it I have used my own energy conservation techniques.I must be doing something right,278,000Km,NO ABS failures.

The way I see it.....modulators with or without the energy conserving function will interchange.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
SO.. It's still available, I will keep it here for few more days and than off to eBay it goes.

·
Premium Member
493 Posts
I need one for my 2002 KRS. Lost my rear circuit, it had the integral brakes. If it will fit I will be interested. What information do you need from me?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Still available?

Hello, just wondering if the unit is still available. Bike is at the dealer, just got informed my unit is kaput. Don’t have a way to take some pics or go look at it at the moment. Thanks.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts