BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The front tire is cupped but could probably go another 2k.

However, when leaned over in a fast turn, the front end feels like it is sliding a bit. Back tire is not cupped and feels stable.

Could the cupping account for this?

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
i would think it would.....best to get a new sneaker....just because it has 2000 miles left on it dosent make it safe....i should talk!!....i had 18000 miles on my z 4 before i changed it....cupped to hell...but i do 80 % freeway...but be safe and change it...the thing is that the tread will stay there but like you said they cup...i had tread but it was like bad!!!!chop

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
Larry said:
The front tire is cupped but could probably go another 2k.

However, when leaned over in a fast turn, the front end feels like it is sliding a bit. Back tire is not cupped and feels stable.

Sort of like having cupped or scalloped tires on your car. Junk is junk, replace it.

·
Registered
826 Posts
The cupping or heel/toe wear will definately transmit it's handling characteristics into the chassis. There is only a small contact patch hitting the road. The uneven footprint will feel similiar to handling on a cobblestone road. I would entertain the thought of a new tire. We have all had tires with "Some" mileage left on them and wondered when and if to replace them. Every time I have reskinned my ride, I have loved it.

·
Registered
969 Posts
My cupped front tire felt like i was crossing road seams on the interstate bump-bump-bump. A new tire and smooth riding again.
get a new one.

·
no power in the 'verse can stop me
1,126 Posts
Larry said:
The front tire is cupped ... when leaned over in a fast turn, the front end feels like it is sliding a bit.

I got five bucks that says it's because it's a Dunlop that it's sliding. :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts