BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New owner of a K1300GT. Previous owner must have had some large feet and put on some rearsets. If anyone has a pair of original front foot pegs they would be willing to part with, I would be most interested. Or would happily swap for the rearsets.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Found

Problem solved. Got a pair from ebay. :) Now if some warm weather would come and stay for a while . . . . But then it is January in New Jersey.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Glad you were able to get the parts you were looking for.

Do you have photos of the problematic pegs? I might be interested in them. I'm in the big feet club. I've had my K1300gt for 3 years and have stayed with the original equipment so far. I tried some bar risers to help with my back but switched back to stock after a bit.

·
IBR# 366
3,145 Posts
Eric - do you still have the bar backs that you removed?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Ken,

I do still have them. I have been thinking about giving them a try again. I took them off shortly before a track day in 2014 thinking that the lower bars would be a bit better at speed and for cornering. I think I got up to about 130 mph on the long straight away....but at that sped only glanced at the speedo a couple times very quickly.

·
IBR# 366
3,145 Posts
Never did get my K12GT or K13GT onto a track. Did it with the K12LT (hauling all that weight around a track was one reason I moved to the K12GT), and then with the K16GTL (the day after I picked it up from the dealer). Guess I was just too busy riding all over 49 states and much of Canada on the GTs to find time for a track day . . .

I had a set of bar backs on my K13GT, but don't have them anymore. I was thinking about adding some back, if I can pick up a set for a decent price.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I was hoping to win the powerball jackpot to fund my cross country touring aspirations!!

As a kid we took 2 cross country camping trips. I noticed many folks doing long distance motorcycle trips and thought that it would be fun to do someday.

I think the K1300GT will need a new saddle before I can consider doing long days on the road. As is, I can only ride for about 2 hours straight before my back and butt both need a break. I've been considering the Russell Day Long saddle as an upgrade.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Photo of foot pegs.

Here's a photo of the rear set foot pegs I removed. The set back is 1 1/2" Be happy to send them to some for the postage.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Thanks for the follow up info and photo. Great idea to put the ruler in the shot to make it easier to figure out size/scale.

Looking at the stock pegs and mounting configuration, it looks like the result would be pegs that are both back and up some as well.

I think I'm going to pass on your offer to part with them for covering the shipping cost. Hopefully someone else can make use of them.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts