BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pyramid Plastics have recently started producing a front mudguard extension for the GT. It's marketed to fit the K1300GT but fits the 12 too. Just fitted one to my GT. Looks fine, Yet to try it on the road.
Being in the UK I bought mine from Motorworks on this link...

www.motorworks.co.uk/bmw/products/p...0&header_text=&header_text_image=0]Motorworks - BMW Motorcycle Spares - Products - K1200/1300S/R/GT (across the frame four)- Mudguard fittings- Front extender Kit UK made

Pyramid Plastics...

www.pyramid-plastics.co.uk/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=2554]Pyramid Plastics Online Store

Attachments

·
Registered
476 Posts
thanku Looks good!--must get one :clap:

·
Registered
205 Posts
PerfectSwitch said:
Is mud and/or water getting thrown off the front tire a problem?
I am not sure I would call it a problem, but I did spend a fair amount of time clearing mud, grit, bugs and road sludge from the bottom 20% of my radiator--during my flush and refill.

The extender is $36 shipped. I bought one to keep the crap away from that very expensive radiator.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yet to use it in the rain, living where I do that will no doubt change pretty soon. Note, it's really close (2mm) to the centre of the tyre. It was catching a little as I left home yesterday... for the first 100 yards or so. By the time I got to work a little had been abraded by the tyre. Nothing major, but probably worth trimming 3mm or so off the lower edge.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Bandera said:
I am not sure I would call it a problem, but I did spend a fair amount of time clearing mud, grit, bugs and road sludge from the bottom 20% of my radiator--during my flush and refill.

The extender is $36 shipped. I bought one to keep the crap away from that very expensive radiator.
Would this prevent it though? Wouldn't the stuff on the bottom of the radiator probably be stuff that came up from where the front tire threw it?
Gilly

1 - 7 of 7 Posts