BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone removed the hideous looking reflector's on the front forks?

If so, how'd you get em' off and did they come off clean?

·
Registered
214 Posts
sportrider said:
Has anyone removed the hideous looking reflector's on the front forks? If so, how'd you get em' off and did they come off clean?
Yep. I took them off. Thought I was going to have to get the heat gun and solvent remover, etc...
Actually, I just grabbed each one and pulled. Came off quite easy with almost no glue residue left over. Total time to remove and clean up the fork, about 30 seconds.
Looks much better now.

A word of legal caution; although it doesn't seem to get inforced regularly, many states require reflectors in the front and rear. If you get pulled over for something or are involved in an accident, you might also get cited for not having the reflectors in place.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I took mine off

It was real easy, just used a small slotted screwdriver and pryed them off (being careful not to mar the finish) they're held on by adhesive- then used a little goo gone to remove the rest- took a minute or two on eash side- sooo much better looking.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Amos...

p.s. I'm a KTM nut too...had a sleu of 2-strokes and a 625 SXC - this fall I hope to purchase a new 450 exc.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I sucessfully performed the reflectotomy the other night...patient is doing fine and is resting in the garage.

:borg

·
Registered
50 Posts
That was tougher than I thought it would be. I think I hurt myself getting those reflectors off but you guys were right, they came off easily once I was able to get a good grip on them. Cleaned right up with a rag afterwards.

·
Registered
121 Posts
It's easy to be nutty...

about the KTM's

sportrider said:
Thanks Amos...

p.s. I'm a KTM nut too...had a sleu of 2-strokes and a 625 SXC - this fall I hope to purchase a new 450 exc.
I too may be picking up a 450 but with a slew of great bikes from Honda, KZ and Yamaha- not to forget Husky's..it's going to be a hard choice. Even toying with selling the ATK 605 and getting the new Husky 610...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts