BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Is it me? I seem to have a problem getting air into my font tyre, the valve seems small compared to the rear one. I tried to check the pressures today and pushed the pump equipment onto my valve, this promptly started leaking air. So far I have found one petrol station with a pump that fits.

How do you all manage?

Cheers

Dibbley

·
Registered
161 Posts
I'm going to guess their equipment is faulty . The front valve is a bit shorter in stance than the rear. I use a amflo unit with a gauge and have no problem.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Dibbley... Glad to hear I'm not the only one having this problem... I just recently purchased a second air nozzle for my air compressor because the one on it wouldn't pump air into the valve... just like yours.. I'd put it on and it would just push the pin in enough to LOSE air.. FYI.. I have never had this problem with any other valve stem on any other bike.. The new nozzle s just barely better.

FYI.. I think the problem is, the screw-in pin/valve is too far inset... I'm tired of going to the nearby gas station to use their pump every time I need air..

I am convinced the valve stem needs to be replaced. As my front rotors are going to be replaced under warranty in the next few weeks, I'm going to have the dealer install a new valve stem at that time and hope for the best..

I'm 90% sure that this type valve stem can be replaced without having to remove the tire... Do you know? What are you going to do?

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi,

My bike is now out of warrenty, but as its my toy I will spend what it takes, as such when she goes in for her annual touch up I will get the front tyre and valve replaced.

I have been using her in anger for the last week as vandals attacked my car, even though its cold I have enjoyed work more than ever.

Dibbley

1 - 4 of 4 Posts