1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm not kidding
i was there today
i was shocked
they also had a demo 2006.... crystal..... selling for $1,600.00 below list.....
with 1,600 miles

these guys don't deal
that's why they have so many bikes
i have NO idea why they have so many
but..... they do
3 blue/2 crystal new
1 crystal demo
no graphite

·
Registered
279 Posts
"these guys don't deal
but..... they do"

Well then, you should've asked. I did when I was in there yesterday. I've been "dealing" with this shop since they opened. Top notch customer service and mechanical service. Did they tell you they offer 10% off service and accessories for one full year when you purchase a new motorcycle from them? They were allocated the GT's from BMW since they were #2 in Florida for GT sales behind Daytona. Yes, they have a lot of bikes, but they move them. Some people must be happy with the deals they're getting.

$18,800 is the msrp for a stripped down GT. Now add in ESA, heated grips & seats, cruise control and on-board computer, which the bikes at Gulf Coast Motorcycles come with, and you've got a true retail cost.

Stop in on a Saturday and have a hamburger or hot dog from the grill outside the service door. Shoot the bull with other enthusiasts that come by. Not only a great dealership, but a great place to just hang out.

Mike
'06 GT

·
Registered
192 Posts
ClearwaterBMW said:
i'm not kidding
i was there today
i was shocked
they also had a demo 2006.... crystal..... selling for $1,600.00 below list.....
with 1,600 miles

these guys don't deal
but..... they do
3 blue/2 crystal new
1 crystal demo
no graphite
Not anymore. My wife bought the demo bike yesterday afternoon, and they had already sold one of the others prior to that. They only have three left now.

They don't bend on sell price, but they do give fair trades, and outstanding service.

Sorry we missed you, it must have only been by a few hours :(

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i appreciate your thoughts.... but, you might be aware that you are in the MINORITY in your opinion of this particular dealership. most folks believe they are more FLASH over SUBSTANCE.... no offense intended

the owner is arrogant and UNknowledgable....
he told me that BMW is STILL on vacation and that NO 2007s have been produced yet....
mine is on the Atlantic..... shipped 2 days ago....
a week 32 build... august 6th
he had no idea

more than that.....
their dealership is so HARLEYESQUE....
no decent boots in stock
not one pair of PROTECTIVE gloves
they sell for STYLE and not for UTILITY

ok
i'm not here to bash a dealership.... this is a motorcycle forum
but...
the only reason that anyone would buy from them is because of location (which IS a big issue)
and.....
as for your "10% off of service for 1 year"
they are already 15-20% MORE expensive than other dealerships.... so, you save NOTHING

in 3 weeks.... when the 2007 GTs hit....
those 5 remaining '06 GTs will be discounted
he could have sold 2 yesterday to my friends had he burried his arrogance long enough to realize that... and they weren't asking for DEEP discounts

ok......
i'll step off the soapbox.... sorry if i've offended anyone

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ruben said:
Not anymore. My wife bought the demo bike yesterday afternoon, and they had already sold one of the others prior to that. They only have three left now.

They don't bend on sell price, but they do give fair trades, and outstanding service.
i will bow to your knowledge of them.....
because you have been their customer for a long time
......... how expensive is their service?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ruben said:
Sorry we missed you, it must have only been by a few hours :(
i was there on my Brutale 910R
wish i had met you.....
we then road all the way to the end of Captiva.... 4 hours from my home...
and i rode home in the POURING rain/thunder, etc....
it was HORRIBLE

·
Registered
192 Posts
ClearwaterBMW said:
i will bow to your knowledge of them.....
because you have been their customer for a long time
......... how expensive is their service?
It ain't cheap! They're hourly rate is the same as my Honda dealer though, so I have no real complaints.

·
Registered
192 Posts
ClearwaterBMW said:
i was there on my Brutale 910R
wish i had met you.....
we then road all the way to the end of Captiva.... 4 hours from my home...
and i rode home in the POURING rain/thunder, etc....
it was HORRIBLE
Yeah, that was one hellava storm. Probably the worst we've had all year here, and if you went North you rode right into the teeth of it! That must have been brutal without a windshield! :( Glad that you make it home safely.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ruben said:
Yeah, that was one hellava storm. Probably the worst we've had all year here, and if you went North you rode right into the teeth of it! That must have been brutal without a windshield! :( Glad that you make it home safely.
ruben.....
we were all going 60 on I-75
i couldn't see a thing.... lucky to be alive
saw 1 big accident happen 2 seconds before me... a car, backwards in a ditch on the right side of the road
2 lightning flashes with INSTANT thunder.... scared the poop out of me
i had my SUMMER/AIR/MARSEE outfit on.....
felt like being riddling with machine gun bullets
and my $300.00 BMW GORTEX boots....
6 inches of water INSIDE them when i got home...... from the RUNOFF down my legs.... no kidding

i've ridden 150K miles over the years (nothing by BMW standards, i know).....
but, this was some of the worst weather i have personally been in

i don't know that my boots will EVER be right again :)

·
Registered
279 Posts
Greg,

No offense taken. Your input and opinion is greatly appreciated. If we can't express our thoughts and experiences in here then we are all on the losing end. But, I have to respectfully disagree with you regarding the FLASH over SUBSTANCE of the dealership and arrogance & lack of knowledge of the dealership owner. I'm very surprised your experience was negative.

"No decent boots in stock". They certainly lack in selection of footwear, other than BMW boots. "Not one pair of protective gloves". They've got a nice assortment of gloves, albeit summer riding gloves and not winter gauntlets. I was just going through them yesterday.

Their service is not cheap, but whose is? They do however have some of the best wrenches around, again in my opinion. They get top dollar for top notch work.

Glad you made it home okay. I left the dealership long before the weather hit. I rode in a storm like that a few years ago between Tampa and Cape Coral and it took all the joy out of riding. I was actually thinking of taking a ride out to Sanibel/Captiva when I left the dealership, but I talked myself out of it in favor of my honey-do list at home. Sorry I missed you and Ruben.

Did you guys know there's a Cycle Gear store opened in Ft. Myers? Lotta stuff in there. Haven't really looked at their prices so I can't say how they compare.

Mike
'06 GT

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
mser said:
Greg,

No offense taken. Your input and opinion is greatly appreciated. If we can't express our thoughts and experiences in here then we are all on the losing end. But, I have to respectfully disagree with you regarding the FLASH over SUBSTANCE of the dealership and arrogance & lack of knowledge of the dealership owner. I'm very surprised your experience was negative.

"No decent boots in stock". They certainly lack in selection of footwear, other than BMW boots. "Not one pair of protective gloves". They've got a nice assortment of gloves, albeit summer riding gloves and not winter gauntlets. I was just going through them yesterday.

Their service is not cheap, but whose is? They do however have some of the best wrenches around, again in my opinion. They get top dollar for top notch work.

Glad you made it home okay. I left the dealership long before the weather hit. I rode in a storm like that a few years ago between Tampa and Cape Coral and it took all the joy out of riding. I was actually thinking of taking a ride out to Sanibel/Captiva when I left the dealership, but I talked myself out of it in favor of my honey-do list at home. Sorry I missed you and Ruben.

Did you guys know there's a Cycle Gear store opened in Ft. Myers? Lotta stuff in there. Haven't really looked at their prices so I can't say how they compare.

Mike
'06 GT
1. i'm so sorry that i commented about the dealership..... you guys know best and i will have to change my tune about them.... i apologize

2. we have a cycle gear store here (for the past year).... i'm pretty sure they only sell LOWER END gear, if i'm not mistaken. i've never really found anything in there that struck my fancy. perhaps, your experience will differ. i'm anxious to hear what you think

·
Registered
192 Posts
ClearwaterBMW said:
1. i'm so sorry that i commented about the dealership..... you guys know best and i will have to change my tune about them.... i apologize...
Don't fret about it. If you actually talked to the owner (ED) you comments would very much surprise me. If you talked to "Joe", the older of the two salesmen, I completely understand. I've heard from others that they won't ever enter the store again because of him. My wife felt so insulted by him that she refused to deal with him on yesterday's deal. She told me that if she had to continue to deal with him, she'd never buy another BMW. She has no problem with Ed, he is always attentive and helpful to both of us. The difference is, I have a bit thicker skin, Joe doesn't "get" to me the way he does a lot of others, although if you review some of my old posts, there have been times I was ready to break a baseball bat over his head (just to get his attention, you understand!).

Ed's son Jeff is the other salesman, and is much more personable.

It's too bad that Joe strikes so many people wrong, he isn't really a nasty guy, just a bit arrogant. Maybe he thinks that goes along with the German bikes?! Although I could chastise Ed for keeping such a lose canon, I'm a businessman too, and understand how difficult it can be to obtain and keep good help.

In any case, I don't see how we could fault you for reporting your true feelings. We love you, even if you do ride one of those gorgeous MV thangs! :D

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
messenger13 said:
Don't ask me how I know :eek: ...but I can tell you that your boots are screwed! Waterproof boots work best when accompanied by waterproof PANTS! DoH!!!

The good news? I LOVE MY NEW SIDIs!!! :p
which Sidis?

i almost bought THESE yesterday:

the Vertigo Corsa Air boots.....
but...
not sure you can walk around in them

as for the BMW boots...
for the $300.00 i spent on them years ago.... they have been great for weather but offer NO ankle support whatsoever....
those of the one i was wearing when i broke my left ankle last october on the LT

the Sidis will provide the protection i need
i hate to spend $395 on boots..... but wouldn't HESITATE to spend that on farkles
now, how SCREWED up is THAT?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ruben said:
In any case, I don't see how we could fault you for reporting your true feelings. We love you, even if you do ride one of those gorgeous MV thangs! :D
aw shucks :)

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
ClearwaterBMW said:
which Sidis?

i almost bought THESE yesterday:
the Vertigo Corsa Air boots.....
I bought the SIDI B-2 Race Boots. They have all the features of their more expensive boots, but they're a little cheaper ($220-ish). And, they don't look so Joe Rocket like. They're almost all black. They say they're only water/sweat resistant...but after the last 3 days, I can assure you that they are WATERPROOF! I think they have made me a SIDI man for life.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
messenger13 said:
I bought the SIDI B-2 Race Boots. They have all the features of their more expensive boots, but they're a little cheaper ($220-ish). And, they don't look so Joe Rocket like. They're almost all black. They say they're only water/sweat resistant...but after the last 3 days, I can assure you that they are WATERPROOF! I think they have made me a SIDI man for life.
excellent
thanks for the advice
Sidi DOES make great stuff.... and has for years

1 - 20 of 26 Posts