BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gday fellas.
My 05 K1200S is leaking fuel even though the recal for the pump failures has recently been carried out. Ive taken the left side fairings off and the heat shield material is dripping, so the leak is either in the base of the tank or the lines (I surmise) .
It only leaks when the engine is running so I surmise its a high pressure line failure.
Question, is it difficult to remove the tank-air box assembly so I can see if its a hose which I may fix prior to surendering and towing to the dealership 100kms away?
Bike has only done 20,000 KMs.
Thanks for any assistance re this folks and best wishes.
Ken

·
Registered
478 Posts
Ken, your fuel line "quick disconnects" 2 of them have cracked. 2 fuel lines under tank. The nipples of the quick disconnects were made of plastic and with age crack. Get new ones that are all metal. Easy fix. You should see them (they run parallel ) under the tank but I believe you have to remove tank to change.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Fuel Line disconnects

Thanks Phil.
I'll continue to pull the bike apr, noting carefully where each bolt, screw etc comes fromand bag accordingly.
I seem to remember I replaced the quick discnnects on my 03 K1200RS many years ago.
Does any one have a supplier of the metal fittings?
I'll probably want to change outthe damaged heat shield as well.
Thanks in advance.
Ken.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yep, femal QC leaking when I moved the fuel tank. New part on its way thanks to Munich Motorcycles in Oz.
Thanks again for the tip. I tried toost photos from my ipad but it just crashes. This is the forth time Ive done this post so no photos of the leak attached to a new recalled fuel pump.
Best wishes all.
Ken

1 - 4 of 4 Posts