BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

101 - 120 of 131 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #101
Olistoys1,
I'm sorry I'm spying, but is that a cougar I see in your garage? 1969 maybe? I had a 67 in high school. XR7 with a 3 speed in floor. Yellow with a saddle interior, black vinyl top. I have the 289 V8 in a 66 mustang now.:)

·
Registered
54 Posts
Normally my classic cars are always covered up I had just remove the cover for something yes it is a 70 XR7 with Eliminator stuff I’ve had it 33 years and I also have a 71 Torino Hallo Roof Spec Ed that I’ve had since 16 1/2 I sent you a PM

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Can anyone help me along, I have read all the good work undertaken so decided to do the conversation on the k1200s, all went well till I came to the coding, looks like I can only change the thermocouples to potentiometer, as I cannot find the inductive fuel sensor, yes I must have the low level software version.

Options, I have not yet made the coding change to see if the potentiometer change will go through or indeed make any difference
Any ideas most welcome

Gareth

·
Registered
2006 BMW k1200S
31 Posts
Go back to the end of Page 2 of this thread, du907 posts that potentiometer is the setting you want. It took me a few trys to get it reset property and learn how to work through the programming steps in the right order. I did a couple rides with the new hardware installed but not the software fix. Got the same no fuel warnings as before no other issues.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Go back to the end of Page 2 of this thread, du907 posts that potentiometer is the setting you want. It took me a few trys to get it reset property and learn how to work through the programming steps in the right order. I did a couple rides with the new hardware installed but not the software fix. Got the same no fuel warnings as before no other issues.
Hi and thanks for the reply, being a little dim but i have just reread the page and if I’m reading it right, if the inductive sensor is not available its not a problem, yes I’m now having a problem coding the potentiometer active, doesn’t want to change, do I keep trying as you have experiencedthe same thing

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #107 (Edited)
freelanderblue,
Did you update the software after downloading it on your phone? You have to purchase the super-dooper version to be able to code the ZFE. The free version will not work, and the second best version doesn't do it either, you have to buy the $68 USD version to be able to code.

Go to page 3 in the original article. The following link should get you there: Fuel Strip thought

Make sure the Motoscan App and your bike are connected, communicating with each other first.
In the Motoscan App, pick the K series and then the right bike K?? Different bikes have different choices and options. After picking your bike, at the bottom of the screen you should see "Central Chassis Electronics (ZFE). Click there and find "Thermocouples FLS 08".
About half way down on the list of options you will see "Thermocouples FLS 08" setting. Under that it should read ""foliengeber" which means fuel strip. To the right of foliengeber is a down arrow, click on that and you should have the choice of "potentiometer". Change the setting and choose "potentiometer".
Go to bottom of this screen where it says "Perform Coding" and click on it. The perform coding should change to "coding" and when done under "Thermocouples FLS 08" setting should now be changed to "potentiometer".
That's it. Close out the software and start your bike and test it out.

·
Registered
4 Posts
freelanderblue,
Did you update the software after downloading it on your phone? You have to purchase the super-dooper version to be able to code the ZFE. The free version will not work, and the second best version doesn't do it either, you have to buy the $68 USD version to be able to code.

Go to page 3 in the original article. The following link should get you there: Fuel Strip thought

Make sure the Motoscan App and your bike are connected, communicating with each other first.
In the Motoscan App, pick the K series and then the right bike K?? Different bikes have different choices and options. After picking your bike, at the bottom of the screen you should see "Central Chassis Electronics (ZFE). Click there and find "Thermocouples FLS 08".
About half way down on the list of options you will see "Thermocouples FLS 08" setting. Under that it should read ""foliengeber" which means fuel strip. To the right of foliengeber is a down arrow, click on that and you should have the choice of "potentiometer". Change the setting and choose "potentiometer".
Go to bottom of this screen where it says "Perform Coding" and click on it. The perform coding should change to "coding" and when done under "Thermocouples FLS 08" setting should now be changed to "potentiometer".
That's it. Close out the software and start your bike and test it out.
Du907, big thanks for your reply, I have moved on a little, I am using the Motoscan app and a OBDLINK LX, i have the ability to change "foliengeber" to potentiometer following all you have stated, I know it being adopted by the ZFE as the bike lights flash to confirm the change to potentiometer and remains active in the coding, however coming out of motoscan and re entering i can see checking the fault code, it shows incorrect value from sender which i take to be the old fuel strip !

The fuel gauge however does not change and I continue to see the yellow triangle, took the bike for a ride and filled the tank with no change
Went back to the wiring today and checked that I had correctly changed the two wires and yes they are correct, also measured the resistance on pins 21 and 37, the float resistance changes as and when I lift and lower, not sure what else I can do

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #109 (Edited)
freelanderblue,

What year is your bike? On some models in the Motoscan software under "Central Chassis Electronics (ZFE) there is another header "Inductive Fuel Sensor". Find it and change the value here to "deactivate" then press CODE. Then check the "Thermocouples FLS 08" header and the setting "potentiometer".
From your description it sounds like the ZFE is still getting or is looking for a signal in the wiring harness from the fuel strip which you no longer have.
Hope this helps.
du907

·
Registered
4 Posts
What year is your bike? On some models in the Motoscan software under "Central Chassis Electronics (ZFE) there is another header "Inductive Fuel Sensor". Find it and change the value here to "deactivate" then press CODE. Then check the "Thermocouples FLS 08" header and the setting "potentiometer".
From your description it sounds like the ZFE is still getting or is looking for a signal in the wiring harness from the fuel strip which you no longer have.
Hope this helps.
Hi DU907l
The bike is late 2007, under the "Central Chassis Electronics (ZFE) there is no header named "Inductive Fuel Sensor", looks like the ZFE is not playing ball
Thanks

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #111
Well Dang!
I just checked my bike with the Motoscan App and I do not have the "inductive Fuel Sensor" header either.
When you switch the wiring all you are doing is moving the signal from the level sensor (weather a fuel strip or a float, doesn't matter what is at the end of the wires) to the ZFE's inputs for the potentiometer. Then when you do the coding, you are telling the ZFE to start looking at that input position for a signal. So, I really believe you need to check the wiring swap again.
Remember when you "look" at the plug it's mirror image of the connector on the module. Please review the plug image below.
Push out Pin 34 with green/red stripe wire in the white plug and insert it into pin position 21 in the black plug. Then push out pin 35 with brown/blue stripe wire in the white plug and insert into pin position 37 also in the white plug

·
Registered
10 Posts
hello there.!! i have this issue to! i have a k1200r 2008 model . i have also a k1300s floating sensor to convert.
1. the wiring changing is the same from S to R ?
2. as i see on the ETK on line both K1300r and K1300s uses the same part number floating sensor . so no worries ?
3. my workshop have GS911 wi-fi ( i have read somewhere else that GS911 has added the film strip change function. anybody knows or try it for sure? .

Thanks anyone for this value post and answers!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello Arcos,

I did the conversion to my 2007 K1200R this past summer and it works great.
1. The wiring change from the S model to the R model is the same.
2. If the float has the same part number it will work, I used the float from a 2009 K1300GT.
3. I don' know about he GS911, hopefully someone else can answer that one.

Good luck!

·
Registered
281 Posts
Not heard anything about gs911 being able to code/program the computers.

Send an email to hexcode and ask them.

·
Registered
281 Posts
So, they finally added coding. Just for the fuelstrip or everything? And they are 3 years after motoscan with coding. 😄

·
Registered
10 Posts
another question . is possible to make the conversion from strip to float and wiring to zfe and start the bike in order to go on my workshop just for coding? or i will fry anything?

101 - 120 of 131 Posts