BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

121 - 131 of 131 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Should be ok, bike will give warning as it dosent get signals on the old wires and doesent know what to do with signals from new location in zfe.

·
Registered
2006 BMW k1200S
31 Posts
another question . is possible to make the conversion from strip to float and wiring to zfe and start the bike in order to go on my workshop just for coding? or i will fry anything?
I rode for about two weeks with the conversion in place but without making the software change. No problems just low fuel warning lights all the time.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #124
Is there a definitive write-up for someone who has done the procedure? It seem all the data is scattered
Go to page 2 of this thread, Post #40. That is the step by step procedure. I've done this to 5 or more bikes. All have been K1200s and a GT. All have work. I'm more than a year on my bike and it's so much more accurate and dare I say permanent. Swapping the wires correctly and re-coding are most important.
Good luck!

·
Registered
10 Posts
I rode for about two weeks with the conversion in place but without making the software change. No problems just low fuel warning lights all the time.
After the software change everything are normal ? :)
Just afraid a little with the bmw insta and gs911 Not show detail values to be change as motoscan. only a convention to float option . Nothing else.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Hi Arcos,
are you aware of Costas, on the European forum.
He is a font of K kowledge, and a K mechanic as far as I know.

He might be close to you, and be able to help.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have finish the conversion today. i can confirm also that GS-911 and BMW INPA both can re porgram ZFE to floating.
many thanks to du907 for the very helpful post. #40. however i was a little bit confused with the wires because my bike has 2 fully operetional plugs because i have ESA equiped. ( just show the plug number to decide ) everything works fine.
many thanks to all that constribute for a solution to another BMW designers beer drunks issue.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #129 (Edited)
Arcos,
Great that you were able to work it out. You are right, my bike does not have ESA so I only have one plug on the module. My fuel gauge has been working now for over a year. Don't forget Mattis_r and Rtzx9r, we all couldn't have fixed this problem without them. :)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Go to page 2 of this thread, Post #40. That is the step by step procedure. I've done this to 5 or more bikes. All have been K1200s and a GT. All have work. I'm more than a year on my bike and it's so much more accurate and dare I say permanent. Swapping the wires correctly and re-coding are most important.
Good luck!
.....just want to clarify before I start this process.....I have a 2008 K1200GT.....this repair will work on this model?.(in just about all of the posts they mention just the S model)...Thank you

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #131
.....just want to clarify before I start this process.....I have a 2008 K1200GT.....this repair will work on this model?.(in just about all of the posts they mention just the S model)...Thank you
I have only done one GT but I don't know what year it was, the process did work though. Two quick checks would be with whatever APP you are going to use. If you have the header in the APP that will switch from fuel strip to float that would be one sign. The next would be if the ZKE is the same or similar. The software for the bikes is written for multiple models and is a matter of turning options on and off.

121 - 131 of 131 Posts