BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had 3 fuel strips replaced on my 2008 k1200s, does anyone know if you can fit the float system from the k1300s ( 2009 on ) as this is not problematic. Thanks.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I don't know if this will help you but bmw has a 12 year 120000 mile warranty on the fuel strips. If your paying for replacements your dealer is not doing you any favors. just saying

·
Registered
62 Posts
I have fixed mine (started failing this year) with the clicker solution a couple of times.
It works for a couple of months after each "fix".
I am hoping it will keep working after one of them.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Yeah, Vimoto; So did you manage to get the 1300 Float in your tank or are you just referring to getting new strips installed? I have had 3 or 4 of the strips installed in my '08 K 12 S, no charge to me but that isn't much consolation when your strip quits in the middle of Nowhere, Nevada. I have run out of gas many times now and pretty much only rely on my trip odometers for a gas gauge. I'm now 71 years old and pushing 500 lb. motorcycles for miles at a time gets old real fast.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Get Smart. Get towing coverage on your moto insurance or some other way. I have towing on my Progressive policy and they will bring you fuel or tow you. No additional cost. the towing is cheap insurance.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Dumb question but, have you had the latest recall done to it; I'm talking about 1 or 2 years ago, when the dealer replaced the fuel pump (and maybe the strip as well, I dunno) at no charge.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts