BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there.
I know this comes up often but just happened top me yesterday.
Was idling waiting for road construction, bike just died. Started right up then died again. Started again then took off. After that the fueling was like there was choke on, no power, sluggish. Then the engine would get full power for awhile then rode ok at speed for awhile. But after a stop the bike ran poorly again till got it home.
Is this fuel chip problem? Wondered about the gas too, almost like water in fuel too. But I get gas from same station all the time, Chevron 94 no ethanol.

I bought this bike with 68,000km on it. Have put almost 5000km so far with no issues till now.

Any thoughts appreciated.

Vince

·
Registered
25 Posts
any extensive troubleshooting? ie does it idle from COLD START (first thing in the morning) without any issues for 5 minutes? Does it rev fine after that? during that or does it choke up and cough or die?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
His thanks for the replies.
Bike is 2005.
Bike has ben running fine since I have owned it. It waffles and burps a bit in stop and go traffic but it just doesn't like going that slow.
Has run fine from cold starts (not that it has been that cold here yet) idles and keeps running. Not that I let it run for very long, it has a full Remus exhaust so I try to leave the neighbour hood quickly so as to not piss people off.
Seems like it is not getting enough fuel or is only running on a couple cylinders.
I have not taken things apart yet as I have not had the time yet.
Thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts