BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I currently have a slip-on pipe w/ a power commander 5. I initially went w/ the tune from the PC website for a slip on, and it was over fueling to the point of stalling at idle. I played around w/ some of the other tunes and actually found that the K12S tune w/ full akro exhaust works great. Mine is an 09 K13S, so not sure why the K12S tune would work better.

Any thoughts?

I will likely just go get a full dyno tune so I have it dialed in. Still, very odd that the K13S tune does not work for my K13S.

·
Registered
318 Posts
4 of the 6 bikes I run have PC’s, I wouldn’t look into why the maps vary too much, there’s only one way to set these bikes up and that’s on a dyno.

The mistake I have made in the past is sort the spec of the bike out first, ie filters/headers/end can before heading for the dyno.

The irony my K is one of two bikes that do not run on a PC because at the time they did not do one for the bike and the only solution was a Rexxer map, it’s OK ish....and this year I must get off of my backside and source a PC now that they produce one, and a PC map has feel all of its own, both my KTM GT and S1000XR run incredible

·
Registered
128 Posts
I've just bought a PC V for my 1300S (Motorsport). Not fitted yet (prob in the winter when I buy an Akra full system and different filters) but I downloaded the map for a slip-on and it shows no change in fuelling in the bottom corner of the map (i.e. low revs, low throttle) so its a bit strange that yours was over-fuelling at idle.

Glad you got it sorted.

I couldn't find a map for full Akra so would be great if you could share it.

As Chris says, these maps are all just start points - have to use a dyno.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts