BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just finished installing HIDs on my bike. Both beams, 35w Lo and 55w Hi, both through relays powered straight from the battery, including a ground also straight from the battery.
Yep, bypassed all that mini sized BMW wiring.... :teeth

Now that the original headlight fuses are only powering the relays, should I leave them as 7.5A or go to a lower A ?

And what kind of fuses should I use on the mains to the ballasts? I have 15s in both right now for testing, probably too much, but because I have a 35W and a 55W, I am thinking they may have to be of different Amperages. :confused:

Thanks! :thumb:

·
Addict
3,750 Posts
I'd go 2 to 5 amp for the old headlamp circuit.

7.5-10 amp per ballast. Don't use and share one higher amperage fuse! The highest startup current for HID could be a cold weather start when the battery is at lowest voltage. With electronic stuff like this that can go 'bang', I always feel more comfortable with the lowest fuse I can get away with that stays reliable.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
1,507 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Vox.....no doubling on the fuse for me,more like doubling up on the circuits, but the battery posts are getting quite busy....! :thumb:

Thanks Brucecha, I had come across that time delay relay before, had forgotten about that.....but I already installed a Lo-beam cut-off switch last year, as long as I remember to use it it will eliminate the double firing, but I will certainly look at that relay set up....next winter project! :thumb:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts