BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Brought 06 KS in Phoenix on Feb.3, flew back to Chicago after putting on 500 miles in order for dealer to do the initial service. Before leaving, told him to throw on the BMW Navigator II and wire it into the electrical system, which he did. Plan to go back in a couple of weeks and pick bike up.

This weekend, I heard about the Garmin 2730 w/ xm radio. Just now purchased it on line.

I intend to get dealer to take Navigator II back and replace it with 2730.

Now here is the question. Does anyone know if the 2730 can just slide into the Navigator bracket on my bike or do I have to get the dealer to take the bracket back as well?

Lastly, would appreciate quick summary of your votes for mounting Garmin 2730 on your KS. Have read threads posted herein, but curious if there are any other options not listed yet or that are listed and perhaps I overlooked.

Have 2000 RS and had a 2003 GT for a season before selling it and keeping the RS. Love that RS, but this S thing is absolutely stunning. Taking it to Alaska this summer like I took the RS to Alaska in 2001.

Thanks in advance for your input/advice.

·
Registered
62 Posts
2730/Nav II cradle

The 2610 fits in the cradle, but the buttons on the cradle will not work. Assume it is the same with the 2730. RAM mount worked the best for me with the 2610.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts