BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI everyone, New member, with a 478 that St. Nick recently left. I needed to replace an older SPIII for my Gwing. As of today, I now have a new GT and I would like to share the GPS with both bikes.

Newbie Question # 1: Any thoughts whether the 478 unit can be mounted where the BMW/Zumo handlebar mount is located?

If it can, any opinions or risks to using the 478, or should I return/exchange this for the comparable BMW or Zumo model and deal with reworking the Gwing mount?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions or comments.

David Haverick
Chicagoland

·
Registered
29 Posts
The BMW GPS mount will accept any Garmin unit suitable for a motorcycle, including the 478. As to which one is better, it is more a matter of what functiions you are most interested in having. Both are good units with slightly different functunality.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Im not familiar with the 478 but if your happy with its functionality, and you can get an extra mount so that you can just plug from bike to bike, sounds like a good idea.
I dont know if you have GPS in your car but the ZUMO also comes with a car mount as well as the bike mount so if thats a plus for you you can buy one extra bike mount and switch the unit from both bikes and a car. Have fun.
PS I dont think that the BMW branded ZUMO has the car mount.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts