BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Statmaster
2,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My one month old Garmin 2720 touchscreen went on the fritz, mostly because of my own fault, and I contacted Garmin for a repair. Did they fix my unit. Nope. They replaced it with a brand new unit. No charge, even though I was the one who broke the touchscreen. 7 days from the day I stopped at the UPS store to send it up to Garmin. Now that's customer service!

·
Will ride for picts
1,645 Posts
Had a similar experience. My replacement 2720 was waiting for me after I returned from Paonia. They took four days to respond to my initial e-mail describing my situation, but once you get in their system, it's smooth as glass...

edit to add: I guess we won't get the pleasure of seeing you french-kissing your Garmin anymore. :(

·
Registered
231 Posts
I dropped my Quest 2 and snapped the antenna off.

Called... got an RMA... sent the unit in... got another one within a week.

The replacement (a refurb) was fine in all but one respect: it overshot my mileage by about double. By that I mean, I'd travel 150 miles and it would say I travelled around 300. Made for some interesting "Moving Average" speeds. "Look honey, our average moving speed was 91 mph" :)

Called Garmin... got an RMA... sent it back last week. Will probably have another one within a day or two.

Amen for great service. Especially for dopes who break their own equipment.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts