BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone purchased the new map update from Garmin? If so, what is your opinion? Is it worth the money. Thanks!

·
Addict-oholic
1,416 Posts
Is it worth it? I dunno. I bought it as my GPS data was getting old. It uploaded onto the NUvi effortlessly without a hitch.
So far, I have not goten lost.
My car has a built in and it is 3 years old. The dealer wants $250.00 for the update. I said NO way !
At least the garmin was reasonable...

·
Looking for better limits...
5,163 Posts

·
Registered
549 Posts
Are you asking about MapSource or City Navigator? There is a bug in v8 of City Navigator.

·
Addict-oholic
1,416 Posts
What bug in City Navigator?

dwsdad said:
Are you asking about MapSource or City Navigator? There is a bug in v8 of City Navigator.
What bug in City Navigator?

·
Registered
549 Posts
The Road Type preferences slider works backwards. Select minor roads and it'll route you on major roads - and vice versa. There apparently is also a map issue with some maps in Texas.

Here's the Bug Report: Program bug (KMM1300686I10971L0KM)

·
Looking for better limits...
5,163 Posts
City Navigator is what I ordered. Thanks for the bug notification. Garmin wasn't too forthcoming with the issue...

Garmin Customer Support said:

Thank you for contacting Garmin International, I apologize for the delay. The item you requested is on backorder. Please allow 2 to 3 weeks for delivery.

As for the routes in Texas, glad they found that before sending it. Sometime in late April (right around Easter), I'm heading back to the Texas Hill Country for a week of...

...socializing, and wouldn't want to get confused where the socializing takes place. :teeth

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
549 Posts
Uh...actually, I found it and reported it. Confused the heck outta me for a while. Sometimes it hurts to be on the bleeding edge.

·
Addict-oholic
1,416 Posts
Garmin update purchase

Razel said:
Hard to say. Ordered it a month ago, and two weeks later, got an email that it was on backorder. Will let you know when I get it.
I purchased it on line on a Monday and had it several days later from a 3rd party vender. Proadvantage.
Fast service and I have used them for other items as well.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts