BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gday folks, First time BMW bike owner. 2004 K1200 GT. Still getting to know the bike. Most comfortable bike I have owned. From Greenbank,(Near Brisbane) SE Queensland Australia.
Enjoying the creature comforts of the bike and look forward to corresponding with like minded people in this community.

Only thing I need to try and adjust is the Height of the handlebars. I have done extensive research and unable to find very much. Curious if there are any Australian based sources for any mod kits etc. I have already got extensions on it, but need to sit up a bit more.

If anyone has any info that would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers
Bob

Helmet Black Automotive tire Grey Font

·
Registered
K1300GT SE / GSX1400 / LRD4
168 Posts
G'day Bob, welcome mate. I've got a K1300GT so probably not much help to you for specifics to your bike I'm afraid. Awesone bikes, bit finicky on the maintenance side, but nothing too hard IMHO.

·
Registered
49 Posts
G'Day Bob - welcome aboard! Very nice bike too - last of the Flying Bricks. There are a still a few bar back options for the K41 K1200s, all via Europe and the US. Some come in idfferent lenghts and heights. Not sure how much extra height they will actually give you; and shipping is a real killer at the moment. Maybe try searching these forums using "bar+back"; and have a look at Suburban Machinery products, in the USA.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Hello from Calamvale Bob - just up the road from Greenbank😁. Can’t help you either ‘cos I have a k12R but there are plenty of knowledge people on this site that may have the info you need.

·
Registered
2013 K1300R
34 Posts
G'day Bob. I have a 2013 K1300R and located North Brisbane (Bald Hills). I also just joined recently and learning all about BMW bikes.

·
Premium Member
2015 K1300S Motosport Edition
92 Posts
You folks need to see if there is a FEDEX or UPS pilot on the forum. I had Sydney trips for UPS and small parts would have been easy to carry. God help you if you forgot the beef jerky that was in your suitcase though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts