BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone who owns a K1200GT, attempted the gear shift lever bush out bearing in mod?
How did it go? Was it worth it? Where did you get the Bearings?

·
Registered
29 Posts
G'day dude I've got a 2006 k1200gt and did the bearing mod about 3 mths ago after reading about it on the main forum. I have owned the bike for about 18 mths and found it extremely hard coming to grips with how bad the gearshifting was on this bike after riding jap bikes for the past 35 yrs. The mod definetly takes out the sloppyness in the gear lever.It does not reduce any clunkyness in your gearchanging,which will only happen with altering your techneque to feathering the clutch and preloading the gearshift lever which took me about 12 mths to master.I used 4 bearings in my mod which most bearing suppliers stock cost about 40 bucks and 3 stainless steel washers 3 bucks, a friend fitter and turner drilled out the washers to the right size and the whole mod took two hours max with leaving the loctite to dry overnight before reassembling it all back together. would l do it again knowing the result answer yes . Good luck if yougo with it.Cheers

·
Registered
29 Posts
Gear shifter mod1200GT

Yep that's exactly what I followed and it explained it step by step.Apart from drilling the inside of the washers the rest of the mod was quite simple.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts