BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
the fuel strip was bad so I replaced it with a "spoof" and low fuel switch to make a low fuel warning light
I liked looking buff better when it was from hitting tennis balls and not from pushing a 550# Moto so advanced it has an imaginary reserve tank an not a pet cock. Didn't reset my O.D grateful the 999,999 is not upside down.
Do you have a straight forward explanation that doesn't require diagnostics?
To go back to the future isn't hard just too many at once,
thanks

·
Premium Member
2009 K1300S, 2017 S1000R & 2021 Vespa Primavera clown paint job
911 Posts
Since you own it and have reference to problems and help here, I suggest you don't worry about things you can't change and go ride it to Seattle and points west. Enjoy it. I bet there are many miles of good times left on it.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Since you own it and have reference to problems and help here, I suggest you don't worry about things you can't change and go ride it to Seattle and points west. Enjoy it. I bet there are many miles of good times left on it.
I agree totaly. In one year of ownership I feel dialed in ergonamicaly. I've seen 2 different ZX-14 Ninjas and look forward to racing them. My goal is Bonneville and finding my own top speed.

I ordered conventional handle bar switches and will just rewire the bike with an ohm meter. The same with the gas gauge it seems easier to buy a float and dial than all the threads I've read. I could.

Some early mods were easy Heli Bars, transforming the flat BMW seat into a better fit than a Sargent or Corbin thanks to HT Moto. I couln't find the kickstand so I put a ball on it.

Some others haven't worked out so far. I've lost an incredible amount off the back of a bike that the firstg mod was a GT rack. I've lost 3 tailbags and a top case broke the rack mount. I need to find a way to add a top case for a helmet or groceries. The expanded bags make lane splitting difficult.

I set the suspension as firm as possible before the electronics don't respond anymore.
Its too soft for an aggressive lightweght.
I have no idea how to fix the control electronics. The servo system is why I don't stalk ZX14s but I still want a match race against one. Tire Bicycle tire Automotive tire Bicycle frame Crankset
Automotive lighting Automotive tire Automotive design Vehicle Wheel

21 - 23 of 23 Posts