BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You're absolutely wrong! That's the private pleasure of those guys. They only have the allowance to use police colours and name.

Manfred

·
No bogey's twist wrist
619 Posts
Police on track

Damn that makes you re-think out running them doesn't it. Not like the Harley riding Police here.

·
Registered
730 Posts
ManfredH said:
No, but I am one of the tax payers in Germany :)

Manfred

Lol...knowing how the government like to spend money, I figured they could just call it a training expense, like our government would do. You know, in case we have to run after those sportbikes, we need training... ;)

·
Registered
373 Posts
sportrider said:
Lol...knowing how the government like to spend money, I figured they could just call it a training expense, like our government would do. You know, in case we have to run after those sportbikes, we need training... ;)
Maybe, they just have a lot more cash to spend over there. Not having to arm themselves to the teeth, because of all the loose guns. Like we do here. ;)

·
Registered
293 Posts
cruizbz said:
Maybe, they just have a lot more cash to spend over there. Not having to arm themselves to the teeth, because of all the loose guns. Like we do here. ;)
Wink, wink, nudge, nudge, say no more ! Thanks for the pics Manfred.

Cheers
Lenz

·
Registered
395 Posts
or maybe they have more cash to spend due to taxation rate of most european countries

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Not so quick . . . I'd put the averge HD LEO rider against the average rider on this site and give odds on the LEO!

·
Registered
395 Posts
I would imagine that Leos like all riders come in varied skill levels but the bottom rung of their skill levels would be higher than the bottom rung of ours, not so sure the top rung would be any higher as at the top you start to get into inate skill and ability, just as no matter how much practice instruction and schooling you give us we arent gonna out ride Rossi.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Well put! And, let's not forget that, at least here in FL, they are on a cycle all day, every day. That is, they log lots of time using and perfecting their skills.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Loggiebone said:
Yeh but...how much practice do you need in FLA to learn how to effectively handle a straight road :)
Sure the roads may be straight, flat, and dull. But, those guys risk their lives everyday around 3:30PM! When the race to be first in line for the senior early bird special at Denny's happens. Speeds can hit up to 20MPH! :eek:

Plus, they never know when the driver in front of them, who has had their turn signal on for 10 miles may actually turn. But at least they are better than the seniors. You can at least see their heads and what direction they are looking. ;)

·
Registered
33 Posts
I dislike the police (here in the US, I do not know enough about other countries)...yes a very general statement but with the amount of sick time and out of work with minor disabilities and padding the overtime just prior to retirement...they are just pond sucking scum. Yes, I expect them to be held to a high standard but here in the US they do not come anywhere near what the press would like you to believe...heroes my arse. They chose the job, most of them for the power and benefits. You are far more likely to be shot at if you are a clerk at 7-11 stores than if you are a cop. What a bunch of media hype about cops and firemen being heroes.

And before you all you jump up...how do I know...I was one! I witnessed it first hand. To the few that are honest and perform the job with due diligence I salute you...I repeat the few.

Flame away! I will not respond, I have said my thoughts.

PS Do the Harley LEO riders ever get up near the 100 mph area...a bunch of the riders on this site hit well above that when they head out.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Sounds like you got your butt fired, before you earned one of these! :p I have been a professional Firefighter / Paramedic since 1974. Got my share of scars and pain and a medal to make up for it. I don't consider myself a hero, but I have saved more than a few lives. What have you done for society and your fellow man? I could have retired a few years ago, so what part of leaching on society am I doing? Sounds to me like someone with a crappy job, having a bad day. :( What's the matter, copier run out of paper and had to change it?
I see you are proud enough of your profession to list it. :rolleyes:
Must be horrible to hate your life and have to bad mouth others to make yourself feel better! :eek:
Tomorrow, I get to spend 24 hours with men and women, who don't have to drive 100MPH+ to try and prove to themselves that they have balls. :)

Attachments

·
Registered
395 Posts
Now before you go jumping all over the guy, he does have a few valid points. Yes I have 13 years Law enforcement (in a major Metropolitan area in the USA) in my background, no I wasnt fired, I quit when I moved to a different geographic area to marry, worked in the private sector for a few years and then quit that to do a working retirement at age 43 running a horse ranch, not bitter at all.

But a lot of Police officers are there for a) power b) decent pay c) good benefits and d) a decent retirement policy (allot of them have a 20 and out option).

There are good and bad in every cross section of life and Law enforcement is no different.
I have known a lot of very fine individuals that were/are police officers. (some died wearing the badge)
And I have known some very bad individuals that wore the badge also (some of those are even behind bars now or maybe back out after serving time.)

He may even be statistically correct on his 7-11 clerk posting (if they are working the graveyard shift)

But I also know what a thankless shitty job law enforcement can be at times: like freezing your ass off at 3am chasing down some f*cktard that stole a car and ran off on foot after crashing out, holding perimeters in 30 degree weather waiting for K-9 unit to get there, going into family disturbances where a wife is getting the shit kicked out of her only to have her turn on you as soon as you cuff the husband.
Having someone call you every name in the book as your giving them a ticket you really dont want to give them but hey you gotta do that part of your job too.

Most of the officers I have known and worked with are just like everyone else. Just trying to provide for their family and make it home at the end of the day.

So while I wont jump all over P7M8 for his opinions I will say that the majority of the over 500 officers I worked with over the years were average people just trying to live their lives and make ends meet.
They deserve common curtesy and respect just like the rest of us do, and I will give them the benefit of the doubt of being a good cop until they show me otherwise in their actions.

·
Registered
236 Posts
karlb said:
So while I wont jump all over P7M8 for his opinions I will say that the majority of the over 500 officers I worked with over the years were average people just trying to live their lives and make ends meet.
They deserve common curtesy and respect just like the rest of us do, and I will give them the benefit of the doubt of being a good cop until they show me otherwise in their actions.
My Dad was a cop in a major city for 30 years. He was a great man in my eyes. I also am pleased to say that the men that I met which were his fellow officers are men that I enjoyed having in my life and were fine men as well. A rotten apple hear and there, sure, as in any walk of life. But that, after all is life, isn't it?

The "broad-brush" bashing that P7M8 displaid is obviously from someone that has a real problem. I would prefer to think of it as this guy is in need some assistance/counciling rather than to think he is of the same tember as other biggots and neo-nazis that exist in our world today.

Nice way to steal a thread, huh?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts