BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

Get the front up!!!

2K views 10 replies 11 participants last post by  The Fllash 
#1 ·
Alright, I know i didn't buy a sport bike but is there anything i can do to be able to pull wheelies on my RS.

#2 ·
fan the clutch at about 5-6k rpms, or

roll out briskly in first gear and at about 5k chop the throttle then immediately whack it back WFO as you snatch back on the bars

either of these will get the front end up in the air, its up to you what you'll do with it from there.....

#6 ·
2000RSRider said:
Alright, I know i didn't buy a sport bike but is there anything i can do to be able to pull wheelies on my RS.

Go for it!

Don't listen to those who say its too heavy or whatever.

Remember, 5 grand and pop the clutch whilst you sit back on the seat.

But you must provide pictures. All attempts must be recorded on film.

By the way, where do you want your ashes sent? LOL

#7 ·
coach3062 said:
Go for it!

Don't listen to those who say its too heavy or whatever.

Remember, 5 grand and pop the clutch whilst you sit back on the seat.

But you must provide pictures. All attempts must be recorded on film.

By the way, where do you want your ashes sent? LOL

Yeh, and make sure you say, "Watch this" before you do it.

#8 ·
I wonder what this does to the life of the clutch, tranni, and rear drive?

All very expensive to repair. Still, if Daddy is paying for the bike, then that's expendable and you only have yourself and the ATGATT to worry about if you spill off.

When the front wheel is off the ground I wonder if that puts on the ABS warnings and disables it, just when it might come in handy if recovery goes wrong?

#9 ·
voxmagna said:
When the front wheel is off the ground I wonder if that puts on the ABS warnings and disables it, just when it might come in handy if recovery goes wrong?

i always wondered about this: pull the brake, and it goes for all the front brake pistons and 1 in the back. tap the brake pedal however, it will only apply the rear brakes. thats what you need to control gas wheelies in the first place. maybe the K was intended to be a SQUID bike in the first place.

#10 ·
k1200rs vs 2006gt mustang

I grabed 2nd hard one day after being challenged by the stang and the front came up about a foot for a while , the stang got stung as he was way way back there at this time, yey you can get that front up even lower than a 5k roll ,dress properly for that miss-caclulation though ( NO BEER ! ) GOOD LUCK hammer the snot out of it HA joesflashdog the red 2000 k 1200rs :clap: :boom:

#11 ·
I would roll out in first gear to about 20 MPH fan the clutch, full throttle then dump the clutch and the front would come striaght up But it would also come down hard.

The Remus exhaust help the low end torque but now that I put a power chip in it last week for $50 from E Bay and I lost the low end torque.
But
I like the top end so it stays.

I also have a slipping clutch if I use full throttle when I start out from stoped. from all those wheelies. Once the clutch is hooked up it is fine so shifting with no clutch is what I do. I always did. Now have 34,000 miles.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.