BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have others had this same problem?

I'm wearing LD comfort shorts under my Firstgear pants, and I'm getting rub rashes on the tops of my legs on my back side. I tried rubbing a fair amount of power on this morning, and it didnt seem to help much, if at all. It seems the shorts are moving under my FG pants and causing this. Should I use more, or a different powder?

Help! :teeth

·
Enthusiast
93 Posts
The LD Shorts should fit rather snugly, if I read your post correctly you said the shorts were sliding on your legs which shouldn't happen. Don't know if that is causing your rash, maybe an allergy to the material?

I just received my first pair about 3 weeks ago and have used them religiously every time I ride with no ill effects, actually quite the opposite, they made a huge difference for me comfort wise.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea....they are moving. They could fit more snug, maybe I'll order one size smaller.

No algeries to anything....I'm kinda lucky in that respect.

·
2 heads are better than 1
284 Posts
Definitely sounds like a sizing issue. They should fit snugly and there should be no loose material to bunch or gather anywhere.

·
Registered
178 Posts
rash...

just a thought when i read this but maybe the rash is from that $50.00 trip to the massage parlor :spank1: with the lady that spoke poor english?.... :rotf: ??

kbikeinbc
07 crystal grey met

....i'm just sayin...

·
IBR# 366
3,155 Posts
GillyWI said:
NO! And I say again, NO!

No powders, no cremes, no ointments, nothing at all between the LDComforts and your skin. The fabric is designed to breathe and to wick sweat and moisture away from your skin to the outside.

Adding powders just means you get clumps of sticky mud that holds the moisture next to your skin, and adding cremes simply clogs the fabric's pores making it useless. So just say NO! :)

I've got probably 80K miles in the LDComfort stuff, including dozens of 1,000-1,500 mile days (or longer, if you string them together. :)) The stuff just plain works, just as it is.

Although I agree that in Tommy's case, perhaps a size smaller would be beneficial.

I'd also suggest that anyone with questions contact LDComfort and ask them directly. I've been to their facility in Washington, and met the owner Mario several times. He's a hell of a rider himself, and he's always glad to help out a fellow rider.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok...here is the short answer....I'm wearing them wrong. I met Mario from LD at the rally today and explained my problem. I just need to pull them up further, until they are tight. I'm wearing them wrong, and never ever powder or cream up before putting them on.

Had a greta time at the rally, bought waaaaaay too much stuff and did a demo ride on a GSAdventure.

·
IBR# 366
3,155 Posts
Told you Mario would sort you out. :)

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yes he did...hes a good man.

I went through the vendy area on Thursday and I guess I walked right past them....Thursday afternoon was crazy busy, today was quiet.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts