BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I've seen the thread on the turbulence some folks are getting after installing the Givi V46 top case. Anyone with experience with the Givi E350 of E450 top cases on a GT?

·
Registered
149 Posts
I have the Givi Simply (E450) on my '01 RS and have no problems up to 135mph (which is about as fast as I care to go!)

·
Addict
3,750 Posts
I have the 450, only experienced a sidewind prob on a sweeper once - now I watch for it. The Givi mounts give the best support and carry the most load, but working out how the bits fit can be a head scratcher. There's very little else space on the K to get storage volume and weight, so make the most of what little there is. The 450 seems big at first, but you get used to it, I put their backrest on mine. If you feel the need to tank around well over 100mph - just unclip the box.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
24 Posts
John,

I have not read about the turbulence you refer to. I have been running with the E46 daily since I bought my '03GT. I am sure it may cause some effect under some conditions but if you can not fit the stuff you need in a tank bag, what are you going to do? I only use the side bags for longer trips. I think the side bags have a greater turbulence effect than a tail bag. It all boils down to what you need to carry. Then buy the one that fits. Very happy with mine.

David

·
Registered
71 Posts
I have an E46 on my 98 RS and I've had no problems at all. Just this past weekend I decided to check it out at speed and hit 220kmh twice with no problem at all. Cruising at 120-140 kmh I don't even know it's there. In fact, since installing the rack in March, I haven't taken the tail trunk off the bike.

·
Registered
128 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts