BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to purchase a Givi top case for my 04 GT. I am looking at the large cases that will hold two helmets. The only BMW solution is a 31 liter, overpriced case. I am looking for some feedback on quality, durability, handling of the bike with case attached, etc. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
549 Posts
I've had a Givi 42L for about 10 yrs and have no complaints about it at all. It has faded with age, but I think that's to be expected with black plastic. It doesn't leak and will hold a large full face helmet with ease. It was riding on my Connie until I got my GT. Now it's mounted there and works great. I'm thinking about getting a 52L for a little more space. by the time I loaded my laptop, 4 jars of homemade pickles, and 1 1/2 dozen fresh eggs from my sister last weekend, it was kinda full. Dirty laundry works pretty good for wrapping up jars.

·
Registered
230 Posts
I have the Givi E52 Maxia case (had the 46L first). The fit and finish is great. Don't even mess with the 46L . All you can get in the 46 is two helmets and a pair of gloves. You have wiggle room with the 52L case and it just a few bucks more and almost the same exact size. No issues with handling. No brainer IMHO.

·
Registered
372 Posts
I'm going to disagree with Keith. I have the V46 on my GT and think it's the perfect case. I looked at the 52 liter case and felt it was too big. True, it will only hold 2 helmets and little more, but that's what I have the side cases for. My wife and I have been on the bike for 5 day trips and we are able to carry all the luggage we need between the three cases. If we are loaded up and stop for lunch I cable lock the two helmets to the bike so we don't have to carry them around.

·
Registered
969 Posts
I put the Givi 46 on my KS when my wife and I travel. It's not too big and it holds 2 full-face helmets. There isn't a lot more room than that, but it works.

·
We're zoned for what ? cool !
186 Posts
I have the 46 liter box on my Multistrada. It has worked well for me. I leave it on most of the time so I can toss stuff in there, plus I keep rain gear and tire repair stuff in it most of the time. The locking mechanism is a little squirrelly, but it hasn't broken.

But I think the 46 liter is awfully big (2 helmets is just not a concern for me), and , probably because I bought this one from Ducati Performance with the matching paint for my bike, I thought it was kind of expensive. Pushing $600, as I recall.

I just placed an order for a 36 liter Coocase, which has more features than the Givi at less money. I couldn't find anybody on this website who had bought one, so I guess I'll be the guinea pig. They are available through Twisted Throttle. under $400 for everything, including brake lights, smoke grey lenses and remote entry.

http://www.twistedthrottle.com/trade/productview/4014/626/

1 - 6 of 6 Posts