BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone mounted a gizmo mill led taillight on their RS or GT? Ease of installation?

·
Registered
52 Posts
I know of at least 10 users, including myself and many, many more have posted about how happy they are with the BRAKE! LED assy (mfg. by Gizmo Mill). One of the best investments for my bike that I have made...great visibility!

Installation is fairly easy, the only thing that is somewhat trickiy is angling the pca into the light socket. It feels like it won't go and then drops in. They have a loop on it so it doesn't fall in. After you tighten the screws you remove the loop. The instructions are good.

Randy

·
Registered
486 Posts
Two months ago, I saw a 03 blue K-GT pull into a parking area. It was a bright sunny day. When the rider applied the brakes, I noticed the tail light blink. It was an unusually bright tail light and the blinking, etc. really had it noticeable. It was a Brake! by gizmo.

I was so impressed, I ordered one and installed it. No regrets. I'm glad I did.

·
Registered
65 Posts
sreynen said:
Has anyone mounted a gizmo mill led taillight on their RS or GT? Ease of installation?
I have it installed on my GT along with hyperlites. It was very straight forward to install. The taillight is brighter than the hyperlites. Call this overkill, but after being rear ended at 45mph by a cage while stopped for a left turn on my RS (RIP), it makes me feel a bit better.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Rear LED

I've got the BRAKE! L E D and Lite Buddies in the rear turn signal housings.

Both are set to flash briefly when applied.

Along with various reflectives on bags, helmet, rear fender I think it is sufficiently noticeable.

DMilan

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for all the feedback guys--looks like a good addition to the bike. My dealer just started handling them, so will have to stop and pick up one.

·
Registered
759 Posts
I think it's a great safety feature and I'm glad I've got one. My first two proved to be defective in short order, but the third has held up for several months now. I think some riding buddies find it a little annoying, but that's tough toenails...

·
Registered
52 Posts
Sreynen,

Check out our Supporting Vendors Forum. Premier Cycles is offering these at a discount and include free shipping!

Randy

·
Riding in company
292 Posts
I agree with Randy; $100 shipped is a good deal and we should thank them with our business. Who knows what they'll discount next? You'll love the light.

·
Registered
24 Posts
This thread is mostly about the Brake! led lights by Gizmo. However, can someone ake a quick comparison to the Tailblazer with halogen bulb from Kisan with the 20W G4 element?

Cheers,
Seeve

1 - 12 of 12 Posts