BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey cousins,

Looking for suggestions for a good warm-weather boot for sport-touring. I don't want to scarifice protection, but would like some suggestions on what is strong and not too hot to wear. I like my Alpinestars. Feel great and secure and even have shin guards, but they are friggin' hot! Might be nice to find something that you can stroll around in when you are off the bike too.Thanks.

·
Registered
64 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
hot-boots

These get good reviews from a friend. Not for wet though.

Has anyone tried the BMW "Transition" boot, more protection in frame than touring boots, yet with Gortex too. I did buy a pair, but returned after severe (all) ankle pain. Gave them approx 600 mile test. Good idea, initially comfortable.

·
Registered
147 Posts
halo99 said:
These Vendramini's look like they would be good, haven't tried a pair on... I have a pair of Diadora's, I like 'em, they are waterproof, a little on the warm side this time of year.

Vendramini:
http://www.webbikeworld.com/motorcycle-boots/vendramini-aero.htm
I use these boots for commuting. I love them. They seem to be shaped for a narrower foot. Comfortable in hot weather.

·
Registered
207 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
I have a pair of Daytona Roadstar's from Helimot. Actually I have the GTX version. Pricey, yes, but comfortable for all day wear and waterproof as well. They are also available (at a reduced price) without the Gortex membrane, which may make them a bit cooler to wear.

http://www.helimot.com

OkeefenokeeJoe

·
Registered
62 Posts
I have no experience with vented boots, but what I have read here and elswhere is that they are hotter! than standard boots on our bikes. The heat coming from the engine enters the boot instead of being insulated away from the foot by the boot.

·
Riding in company
292 Posts
I went with the BMW Airflo II. It has a fair amount of mesh and you can really feel the air go through it. Others have said that it is not a durable boot...that the soles wear out quickly...but it is cool.

·
Riding in company
292 Posts
Kushitani make a really nice ventilated boot. I looked at them before I bought the Airflo. Unfortunately they are cut pretty narrow for those little feet they have over there. When I called them in California they said that they had a lot of them left in red and that they might blow them out at a discount on their website. I haven't looked in a while.

·
Rider Journeyman
502 Posts
Howdy fastjohnny,

I use the BMW Airflow 2 boots. Super cool. On the faired bike I can stick my feet out a bit and get a lot of flow through ventilation. On the K-R it's very cool all the time.

I match them up with the BMW Cargo pants and pair of flip-flops and when I stop I can 86 the boots and the legs of the pants in less than two minutes :)

·
Rider Journeyman
502 Posts
jklotz said:
Do they get wet inside when it rains ?
I would bet that they would. The kevlar mesh is pretty open.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
BillyOmaha said:
Howdy fastjohnny,

I use the BMW Airflow 2 boots. Super cool. On the faired bike I can stick my feet out a bit and get a lot of flow through ventilation. On the K-R it's very cool all the time.

I match them up with the BMW Cargo pants and pair of flip-flops and when I stop I can 86 the boots and the legs of the pants in less than two minutes :)

Sounds like a 'cool' combo. Thanks.

·
Registered
326 Posts
I too like the BMW airflow, but you might want to look at Oxtar. IMO they make great fitting boots that need no break in. I have two pairs, one for winter, one for summer. Go to their website for more information. http://www.oxtar.com/ The Matrix can be found in their "Touring" line and summer boots are found in their "All Uses" line. Oxtar are not only great boots, but reasonably priced.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I picked up a pair of these at the Rally, very comfy and the material inside keeps the feet cool! I was taken aback by the material inside, when you pick them up they are definitely a few degrees cooler, boots feel great and I have never had problems with anything bought from roadgear. I have one praise as well. I bought a pair of airtec mesh pants from them, after they arrived they were a size too small, I called roadgear and expressed that I was concerned about getting them in time for the rally. Jody told me that they were sending the replacement pants immediately and I could just send the others back right away. I got the pants and they were great! While at the rally, I was looking at these boots, the owner had me and a friend put them on and told us, "walk around the exp center, make sure you like them". No pressure or anything, just great service and great people who understand what they sell and our needs. They also gave a military discount (I am Mil). Roadgear has earned a customer with me.

I got the xkj boots.

http://www.roadgear.com/catalog/index.cfm?Series=7&SeriesTitle=Boots

1 - 20 of 20 Posts