1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My S Pulls Like My Old Rs
Ive Been To The Track And It's Not Constant
It Feels Like If The Timing Was Off
I Tried Disconnecting The Throttle Stopper Behind The Throttle Body's But It Still Feels Like It's Missing Power

Could All This Be Caused By 6.0 Or 6.1, I Had 5.0 Before My Upgrade.

Stroker

·
Registered
730 Posts
Yes!

I've got dead spots too, when rolling on 2nd amd 3rd gear coming out of the apex of a curve.

I'm getting 7.0 this friday - will post that day what my findings are.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Sportrider!

Good luck with the upgrade Pal. Many of us, I am sure, have closely followed your troubled life with your S. In fact, I hesitated for months in pulling the trigger on my K1200RS for K1200S purchase because of your experiences.

I eagerly await your GOOD NEWS!

Chuck V.

·
Registered
149 Posts
stroker said:
My S Pulls Like My Old Rs
Ive Been To The Track And It's Not Constant
...Feels Like It's Missing Power...Could All This Be Caused By 6.0 Or 6.1, I Had 5.0 Before My Upgrade.
Stroker
It's difficult to say. My '06 KS is much smoother on 7.0 and has fewer "peaks and valleys" in the power/torque curve.

Both before and after 7.0, a few times I'll feel a momentary lag if I quickly roll on lots of throttle from low rpm. I've seen a few reports saying aftermarket exhaust and intake systems help that.

I'm not saying 7.0 is perfect or without flaw, but on my bike the huge improvement in smoothness, fueling and throttle transitions make it well worthwhile. Only on 7.0 can I totally close the throttle approaching a curve, then re-open throttle in the curve with safety. Before 7.0, throttle snatch would often cause an unpredictable surge or jump in power.

Re software versions you can't go back, only to newer versions. If you're unhappy with your bike on 6.x, the best bet is going to 7.0. You can also continue watching the 7.0 reports as they come in, and assess how it's shaping up. That may help with your decision.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts